Changed pip review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Changed pip review

deb74
deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
edited January 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Yesterday I got a letter saying that my pip review had been move from September 2022 to May 2023. Has anyone else had their review date changed due to the corona virus

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Yes lots of people have had the same it looks like DWP have done a mass review extension this will be due to huge backlogs 

Do be aware tho just because of the extension that can still do the review at any time 
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    edited January 2021
    from comments on here @deb74 a lot of people have had their review dates extended. There seems to have been a large amount of these extentions occuring over the last few weeks in particular
  • kes2611
    kes2611 Community member Posts: 124 Courageous
    Mine was due for renewal in nov but was extended to may n then further to august. I did get the forms though in oct. I filled out n sent bck n sm waiting on a date for a telephone assesment.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    It seems they have sent thousands out, but beware as they will probably still look to renew 6 months before the original end date.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @deb74 - yes, another here, mine was changed from Aug 2022 to May 2023; there do seem to have been many extensions recently, as mentioned above. Also, as mentioned above, that doesn't mean you wont get a review form about 6 months before your original end date, which you will need to complete & return.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.