What are your plans after lockdown is lifted - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What are your plans after lockdown is lifted

2»

Comments

• vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,410 Disability Gamechanger
        I just want to hug my grandchildren  :)
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    66Mustang said:
    @OverlyAnxious sorry to hear that :( I didn’t know people could still carry the virus and pass it on to others after they’d had the vaccine!

Just wondering if you’ve made any progress with the fluoxetine yet?

A campervan may be a great idea as it’s your own space that you can keep clean, like a movable hotel room.
    I didn't know until recently either.  I thought that the anti-bodies you created would kill off the virus before it had the chance to multiply to large enough numbers to spread to others.  But I've now seen several reports suggesting that isn't the case and that basically you still do get the virus and can spread it around, you just won't get such bad symptoms, if any at all.

Yeah, a campervan is a good idea in theory, it's just the physical issues I get from driving that have stopped it so far, mainly nausea/motion sickness.  I don't know if there will ever be a solution to it but if there is, a campervan would probably be the best thing to start working on my longer distance agoraphobia with.  

As for the fluoxetine...I think you can guess the answer to that one.  :#   I've been having such a physically rough few weeks that I really can't risk that on top at the moment.  It's about picking battles as I mentioned on another thread recently.  I really need to be settled in more suitable accommodation before I can risk anything like that.  I have found a private dietician that is willing to try and adjust my diet (within my restrictions and without face to face or telephones) so hopefully that makes life a bit easier.  It's just so frustrating that I still haven't been able to find somewhere to move to as that's the thing that would make the biggest impact to me currently.
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    edited January 2021
    You are correct @OverlyAnxious. This is how the virus spread so quickly in the first place - via superspreaders. These people carry the virus with little to no symptoms whilst all the time shedding the virus for others to pick up.

The vaccine just builds up your immunity to Covid meaning you fight it off quicker rather than killing it outright the second you get it. Because Covid has an incubation period you body will still be shedding it whilst in the process of killing it off
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    @OverlyAnxious I know what you mean about picking the battles you can win. That is good news about the dietician, I hope they are able to help you out a bit. 

It’s annoying that Covid is happening just when you get put on a decent rate for benefits so can’t fully make the most of it. The same happened to me albeit to a lesser degree, with my higher rate PIP and Motability car, as I’m paying for it but not getting the full use of it going for drives and to far away appointments and other stuff that could help me.
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    I had the best hour of face timing my 15 month granddaughter on new years day. Just watching her run round and squealing in delight...so like every other grandparent I'd give anything to be able to hug her!

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @Cress there will be slot if grandparents hopeing for a cuddle off their grandchildren   its lovely you got to face time
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Cressida I so hope you get to do that and it sounds amazing 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Go to a bunch of concerts and meet some people I've missed hanging out with all year - that's my plan when it's all over
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Go to a bunch of concerts and meet some people I've missed hanging out with all year - that's my plan when it's all over
    I actually booked 2 concerts at the City Hall for this year last night, Mrs Brown's Boys D'Live Show on the 7th of July, and Fisherman's Friends (the real ones, not the cast of the film) on September 12th.

• Lisatho11987777
    Its fab reading everyone's comments  hope everyone gets to do everything they have planned
  • m_burrell82
    m_burrell82 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 171 Pioneering
    I will see if my carer will get me to Nigeria, which she has said she would and if it happens I will be excited about it.

These people's plans give a lot of hope: https://www.freecomicbookday.com/Article/248146-Free-Comic-Book-Day-2021-Slated-for-an-August-14-Celebration#:~:text=Free Comic Book Day (FCBD,Saturday, August 14, 2021.   Postponed from the first Saturday in May when it usually is (although last year it was totally different as Free Comic Book Summer).  Whoever has queued up for Comic Books on that day, will sure know that they are hoping things will be back to normal by then.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Totally agree i think its going to be a long lock down this time 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I actually booked 2 concerts at the City Hall for this year last night, Mrs Brown's Boys D'Live Show on the 7th of July, and Fisherman's Friends (the real ones, not the cast of the film) on September 12th.

They sound like they'll be good fun :) 

Personal view but lockdowns will not end until both elements of test and trace are fully functioning. We are nowhere near that. The first lockdown was meant in part to put functioning test and trace in place and yet here we are nearly a year later and it’s a shambles.

At this rate I'm not sure if it'll ever be fully functional , the attention seems to have drifted from test and trace to vaccinations  
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Ross_Scope hopefuly the government will get it right at some point from yesterday's news wales looks like we will be extended again 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @MrAllen1976 I havent been to s concert  gor a whilst 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    i have a new plan : spending a lot less time on this forum 
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    @woodbine no wood bine don’t say that I don’t want any more friends leaving the Forum . 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @cupcake88 I just think atm that i'm spending too much time on here going through the same old unnecessary arguments with the same person, my life really is too short for that so as soon as lockdown ends my time wasted on here will become shorter.
    Sorry but thats just the way I feel. x
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness