Leave the past an move on — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Leave the past an move on

Options
gillian72
gillian72 Community member Posts: 304 Pioneering
edited January 2021 in Mental health and wellbeing
i can't move on 18yrs on becoz of this hospital dentist , ****** my face an neck with these scars I've lived with the punishment blaming myself for letting my guard down believe he was doing it out the good ness of his heart why did he lie to me an *** a young 30yr old fit lasses ( I was size 8 2 10 ) back then , I never reported him or make a complaint about this , I can't even ask why or even why did he carry on with removing them after the 1st one if he couldn't do it , I might have been able to except he was way out of his league , I can't come to terms as I have no. Answers to be able to put this past in the past

(Couple of edits to remove profanity - Adrian)

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @gillian72. Have you thought about trying to put in an official complaint? I know you've found it difficult to think about complaining and it's been some time but while it may be a hard thing for you to do it may help you gain the closure it sounds like you need and be the first step in you being able to move on from it. 
    Was this an NHS hospital? If so, you could start with speaking to PALs and see how you get on. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,629 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm not sure how a dentist could affect your size? Anyway the advice to contact PALS is good advice.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear this happened to you @gillian72 , it's awful to read what impact the treatment of someone who is supposed to be trustworthy has had on your life. 

As queried above, have you made an official complaint about this?

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • gillian72
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope @Ross_Scope @woodbine , omg thankyou guys for your replys an advice I'm gonna have a look at pals lol @woodbine no I was just explaining that at the time I went to dentist i just wanted to go back to work an smile again, ??
  • gillian72
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope , yes it was nhs hospital, I had a big blow out at. Christmas with my kids, I was living with guilt thinking the kids had given up trying because of my mh, I slowly got myself of all these pain killers and after all that I've come to understand the reason I can't sort myself out an go to dentist is because I feel to guilty because my mum died 2 yrs after I had teeth done I went home an looked after my mum when her friend phoned me an said she had cancer it was to late it had spread all the up if I had been home I would have gone to all these appoints like I always did she had been bleeding from the bowel for over ten yrs , in the last two yrs if she had a colonoscopy done they would have seen it I would have made sure she have proper tests done if I had been there I always over the yrs went with her because she was stone deaf an lip reading but some times never understood what they said so I always explained what they said an I need to tell this dentist the impact off what he done that day had on my life, then my guilt I hold about my mum hopefully will let me sort myself out an give me some peace to move forwards with life hope this makes sense xxx
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @gillian72

It sounds like the loss of your mum hit you pretty hard, understandably so. But you are in no way guilty for it.

Have you ever explored what support you could get to help with your grief? Such as grief counselling.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • gillian72
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope @woodbine @Ross_Scope hiya guys ? Sorry I've been M.I.A again lol I'm sure ur all used to me now, just an update lol I emailed pals at open minds I didn't know u had to contact the nhs hospital pals they replied back saying sorry about ur concern but can't do owt as it has to. Be within 18months so that's a load of ?? on that one atm ?

Brightness