My pip runs out this yr about October — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My pip runs out this yr about October

Options
DARRANWILLIS
DARRANWILLIS Community member Posts: 23 Listener
edited January 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My pip runs out this yr about October will they still send the forms out for me to fill in to see if I get it again or will it be delayed throw this cov 19 iv was on DLA then onto pip iv been on DLA nd pip fir about 22 yrs now just I no I few people who hav had letters saying they hav exstended there pip until the next yr throw cov will this happen to me thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

It depends on how you were awarded if at tribunal you will be sent new application 14 weeks prior to award ending and it will be a new application 

If awarded by DWP normally you are sent renewal forms 6 months prior to award ending 

If it was tribunal your award will not be extended 

If it is a DWP award due to covid they are being extended but you can still be reviewed at any time . If this is the case for you I would ring and ask if you have been extended 

Hope this helps just ask if your not sure 
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    Options
    @janer1967 it seems so unfair that if it was decided at tribunal you have to go through it all again! You would have thought that because it’s a judge and a doctor and a disability expert that would have more clout than some office worker sat in DWP deciding on someone’s life. So if it has been decided at Tribunal are you given enough time to resubmit so that there would not be a gap in payments because last time it took about a year from start to finish! 
  • janer1967
    Options
    @Lulu_1949 I agree it does seem unfair but who knows who makes these rules 

The new application isnt much different in process just the forms are more detailed and looked at as a new claim 

In normal circumstances the 14 weeks is enough time to complete the process and if awarded with no appeal it could naybe be completed in time so no gaps in payment 

If there are any gaps this will be backdated 

However these are not normal times as we all know 

If it goes to appeal again then back pay will also be due 
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    With a review you still have to treat it as if it’s a new review from what I have ready on here . I won’t be getting mines till the end of the year thank god.
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    Options
    @janer1967 thank so much for answering. I dread going through it all again but it’s for my son. He has got worse and is not on enhanced but because I dread all the forms I have not submitted that he is worse and thought I would wait till his review. 
  • janer1967
    Options
    It isnt always good idea to report a change as you risk what he already has and you should get expert advice b4 doing so 

When does his award end ? 

Have look at where you think he would score more points now but as you know DWP may not agree 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.