LCWRA help??? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA help???

cburton85
cburton85 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi, I feel like I’m going out of my mind trying to figure out when the first LCWRA element of universal credit is paid into your account. Everywhere online seems to be saying different things so I would appreciate any answers. I will detail everything below.

I sent off my questionnaire with evidence on the 5th October 2020 and they confirmed they got it that week.

I was told on the 9th December 2020 that I have been placed in to the LCWRA element of universal credit.

my assessment period is from the 12th - 11th of each month and I am paid on the 18th of each month.

when will I actually receive the extra amount as my most recent pay (Jan 18) it wasn’t included. Will it be included in my February pay?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

When did you start your UC claim and when did you send in your first fit note ? 
  • cburton85
    I’ve been on and off universal credit since December 2016 but more permanently since December 2018 and my first fit note was provided at the beginning of September 2020. I applied for the disability element and sent off evidence on the following 5th.
  • cburton85
    janer1967 said:
    Hi 

When did you start your UC claim and when did you send in your first fit note ? 
    I’ve been on and off universal credit since December 2016 but more permanently since December 2018 and my first fit note was provided at the beginning of September 2020. I applied for the disability element and sent off evidence on the following 5th.
  • janer1967
    Hi again 

In order for me to work it out I need specific start date of your fit note as this will let me know if your assessment period in sept counts or not as the whole assessment period must be covered by fit note 

So for sept to count your fit note needs to be dated before 12th sept 

If it is then
    12th sept to 11th oct month 1

12th oct to 11th nov month 2

12th nov to 11th dec month 3

11th dec to 12th jan first payment should commence paid on 15th jan 

However as decision was made close to xmas it may not have been updated in time for cut off 

So you should see it in feb and will get jan backdated 

If fit note was dated after 12th sept will all move on another month 

Hope this makes sense 

• cburton85
    janer1967 said:
    Hi again 

In order for me to work it out I need specific start date of your fit note as this will let me know if your assessment period in sept counts or not as the whole assessment period must be covered by fit note 

So for sept to count your fit note needs to be dated before 12th sept 

If it is then
    12th sept to 11th oct month 1

12th oct to 11th nov month 2

12th nov to 11th dec month 3

11th dec to 12th jan first payment should commence paid on 15th jan 

However as decision was made close to xmas it may not have been updated in time for cut off 

So you should see it in feb and will get jan backdated 

If fit note was dated after 12th sept will all move on another month 

Hope this makes sense 

Thank you so much that does make a lot more sense. Would you think I’d be getting the extra payment from my February payment then? Whether it was delayed because of Christmas or not, February should be the one to count on? Fingers crossed anyway
  • janer1967
    I would hope so but DWP are under pressure with huge backlogs of work and lots staff off sick or working from home 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    It can take a while for them to put it into payment @cburton85, so if it's missing do query it with them. Unfortunately it's not uncommon for them to make mistakes with when LCWRA should be in payment and sadly a lot of people just accept it's correct. 

As @janer1967 said, depending on the exact date you reported your first fit note would mean it should either be in your January payment or February payment that your LCWRA should begin. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.