Carers Wellbeing COVID Fund — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carers Wellbeing COVID Fund

jetskidia
jetskidia Community member Posts: 11 Connected
Has anyone got any information re the Carers Wellbeing COVID Fund?
Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    These were small grants usually upto £50 organised by local councils, they do however seem to have ended now from what I can see.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Hi @jetskidia -  Is this a national or local fund?

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @chiarieds it looks like they were local, but all the ones I can see online have now closed.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I couldn't find anything now either @woodbine
  • jetskidia
    There was a advert on tv today telling carers to make sure that they claim?
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    @jetskidia I think there remains some local opportunities to claim this open, such as this in Hampshire which is open to applications whilst the end of March.   

We could help you look for one local to you, if you are comfortable to give us a rough idea of where you live :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • jetskidia
    @jetskidia I think there remains some local opportunities to claim this open, such as this in Hampshire which is open to applications whilst the end of March.   

We could help you look for one local to you, if you are comfortable to give us a rough idea of where you live :)
    Hi Cher, we live in Fareham, Hants. TY
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    jetskidia said:
    Hi Cher, we live in Fareham, Hants. TY
    @jetskidia Great.  Now I'm not known for my geographic prowess but I believe that falls under the remit of Hampshire council.  The Hampshire country council website advises people to apply and enquire about the Carers Wellbeing covid fund via:

visiting http://www.connecttosupporthampshire.org.uk/news or calling:

• Andover MIND - 01264 332297 (select option 3). Monday to Friday: 9am – 5pm. enquiries@andovermind.org.uk

• The Princess Royal Trust for Carers in Hampshire - 01264 835246. Monday to Thursday: 9am - 5pm / Friday: 9am - 4.30pm. info@carercentre.com

• Carers Together - 01794 519495.  Monday to Friday: 9.30am-1.30pm (answer machine outside these hours). admin@carerstogether.org.uk

• The Hampshire Coronavirus Support & Helpline - 0333 370 4000 (calls charged at local rate)

Applications to the Carers Wellbeing COVID Fund can be made up until the end of March 2021. It is open to anyone who provides unpaid care including anyone who is under 18.
    Hope that helps and I haven't got my areas confused! 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness