Best holiday - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Best holiday

Options

Comments

• BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    Options
    It's OK @lisathomas50 we are still on speaking terms :smile:
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @BrettW your braver than me ? 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @BrettW empathise with you there I have 3 broken marriages never again she tells herself lol 
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Options
    Favourite holiday was with the family in a villa for three weeks in Florida ...We have travelled a fair bit , Tenerife , Portugal,  Spain, Majorca ,   ( which we used to got to for three months of the year ) the warm weather helped my breathing problems. We have been to Turkey a few times as well . I would love to go back to Turkey ( God willing ) .  ??
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I have a strong memory of eating a grilled sardine in Spain when I was ten years old, it was delicious. I also stayed with a French family in dieppe for three weeks when I was eleven ish, which was a disaster, they spoke little English and I little French and we didn’t get on at all well. 

Those were my last foreign holidays, a long time ago, over fifty years actually. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• BrettW
    edited January 2021
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    @BrettW empathise with you there I have 3 broken marriages never again she tells herself lol 
    Maybe we should take our ex's on a holiday with shark infested waters @janer1967 :smiley:
  • Seanchai
    Options
    Hi @leeCal..... was it your French trip that put you off foreign holidays ?  I love the grilled sardines done in the bbq at the side of the road .I used to go to a small fishing village in the algarve ...right off the beaten track (Burgau)
    A local delicacy was crab( it was served in the crab shell ,) it was lovely .??
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No @Seanchai I was self employed and in and out of work so I never knew if I had spare money or not for a posh holiday. I’ve had very few holidays over the years because of that and my health kept me off work too quite often. I’ve snatched a few days here and there in the UK and I don’t feel deprived at all but I must admit the holidays above do sound idyllic.

Perhaps when all this pandemic is over I’ll look at having a foreign holiday. Fingers crossed ?.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• BrettW
    Options
    Go for it @leeCal - you're never to old to go out there and see the world!
  • Seanchai
    Options
    It's the insurance that's a killer now (for us )..... 10 years ago we could get a month in Spain or Portugal ( including insurance ) for around £500 for us both ....for two weeks holiday we would pay around £400 insurance these days.
    I just have a bad feeling about this virus (  how long it will last )....and what it will do to insurance for holidays ??
    I hope you manage to get a foreign holiday in the not to distant future LeeCal. ?
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Does anyone know  the travel rules since we came out the EU 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    Does anyone know  the travel rules since we came out the EU 
    Travel's a bit restricted within the EU I think, Google knows everything of course.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @Tori_Scope thank you for the link 
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,016 Pioneering
    Options
    Mine is probably my first holiday in Cape Town back in the 80s. South Africa is such a beautiful country, not safe but beautiful. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    Post lockdown I'd like to go to Disneyland, preferably the Florida one but the French one would be cheaper and more or less the same characters and selfie ops and that.

• Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @MrAllen1976 I have been to the one in Paris I loved it doesn't take long on the euro tunnel 
  • BrettW
    Options
    I've been to both @MrAllen1976. Paris is an expensive place but cheaper to get to. DisneyWorld is more expensive to get to but cheaper once you are there :smile:
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,826 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My nicest holiday was futerventurer 2 and half years ago, it was my 1st time flying. A beautiful island, friendly and clean. I went with my partner who only had a few months left to live, so was our last holiday. I really didn't want to come back to the UK. I'm hoping to go back there when everything returns to normal. My Spanish needs some work tho, but luckily everyone spoke English.
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Options
    Anywhere in Italy, lake como, venice, sorrento, capri Pompeii. 
    In England, my favourite place is kynance cove in cornwall, also st ives, although it does get very crowded there.
    Although haven't been anywhere since 2012... :/

Brightness