Is it usual to be called to be told that a PIP Mandatory Reconsideration decision is being made? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it usual to be called to be told that a PIP Mandatory Reconsideration decision is being made?

Options
lady1704
lady1704 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello, I have mental health issues as well at other health related problems. I applied for PIP had an over the phone assessment. But, when my decision letter came it said 0 points for both elements and when reading the report it was full of lies, answers to questions I was never even asked and information about my problems and the effect it has on my daily life where ignored. I made a request for a Mandatory Reconsideration around 5 weeks ago and then today I received a phone call from DWP from a lady who just said she was phoning to let me know she would be going through my MR today and would make a decision. She said nothing else and asked nothing else so now I am nervous why did she phone just to tell me that? Is this a common thing for them to do when making a decision?

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @lady1704 I wouldn't want to speculate  why this has hsppend in case I am wrong maybe see what the outcome is and take it from there  if you don't get an award then you can appeal 

Other people will comment  that may be more helpful @Ross_Scope may know  hope it goes well for you 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi 

I must admit it isnt something I have heard before but that doesn't mean anything 

They were prob just keeping you informed and letting you know you should hear soon 

Good luck let us know how you get on 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lady1704 - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community. I'm sorry about your assessment report; we do have many members that find theirs also contained 'inaccuracies.' May I ask if you just asked for a Mandatory Reconsideration over the phone, or did you put some comments in writing?
    I'm afraid I don't know why you would get a call from, presumably another Decision Maker, either, but I wouldn't make anything of it. As above, just keeping you informed, which was a kind thing to do.
    Please do let us all know how you get on, thank you. :)
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @lady1704, It sounds as if the DWP where being kind and keeping you informed of the situation of your MR, hopefully you will have a new award granted and if it’s the same as the first award then if you feel taking it to a tribunal hearing try and collect extra information to support your claim giving examples of what happened or happens when you try or attempt the descriptor you are contesting.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,631 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    These are unusual times and the DWP like many organisations are doing unusual things, fingers crossed @lady1704 that the news on the MR is good when it comes through.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• marlie16
    marlie16 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Hello i have had my mandatory decision today based on the fact I am ill and I think then person who took my phone call lied through her teeth but the same thing happened to me he told me they like to sometimes ring you before they look so thay they can get and idea and not make a unfair decision hope this helps also does anyone know how long after your awarded tour mandatory decision does it take to ylget your money back 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.