Did you watch President Biden's inauguration? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Did you watch President Biden's inauguration?

2»

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @66Mustang your a lovely person you get  my vote every time you like cars lol ?  I love reading all your comments
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    At the end of the day @66Mustang, he could do the job wearing whatever he likes as long as he does a good job for those who voted him in, and everyone else. Those things will become an issue for the masses if he doesn't.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Ross_Scope at least he looks better than boris Johnson lol ?  but in my opinion he has done everything he can he has had ir tough dealing with the pandemic and brexit 

Si hopfuky Biden will do his best in a bad situation 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,569 Disability Gamechanger
    @Ross_Scope

I agree with you, I’m not taking the opposite view was just wondering what others thought as for some reason the watch caused quite a bit of controversy.

To be honest, is a $7,000 watch really all that significant when the president also gets their own plane and the presidential car costs hundreds of thousands of dollars?

It could be argued that one of the, if not the, most powerful people on earth needs a good watch as it’s important he’s always on time :D

• Lisatho11987777
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    The Dalai Lama has apparently very very few possessions, as you might expect, but one thing he does treasure is a watch. I have no idea if it is an expensive watch but nevertheless it is something that he values. 

So president Biden having a watch is not a big deal, Rolex or not. In fact I’d expect him to have a Rolex and at least one very expensive suit ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,841 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad to see the back of trump, a petulant man child, good luck to the incoming president, he has his work cut out for him, i missed him wearing a rolex, nothing much to say about that, but i can see it getting peoples backs up, but for me its just a watch
  • MPowell_1991
    MPowell_1991 Community member Posts: 83 Courageous
    Has anyone watched the inauguration? If so, what did you think?  I caught some of it during my break and enjoyed the pomp and ceremony of it all.  I also thought Amanda Gorman's poem was beautifully written and exceptionally delivered too.

We recently discussed our hopes for Joe Biden's presidency and I wondered if you welcomed today's transition of power?  Let me know  :)
    I for sure did watch it. I love the way that America is so 'over the top' the singing of their national anthem and America the beautiful just gave me goosebumps, the reading of the poem from that young lady Amanda was just amazing too :) if only we did things that way in England!
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    We do state occasions extremely well ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness