Hi, my name is helena28! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is helena28!

helena28
helena28 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I was awarded indefinite pip enhanced but the year before I was denied and after being on high rate since 2007 then 2015 refused me anything 12 months later enhanced both can I get that back the money they refused and I was sick still sick 23 illnesses lupus sle rheumatoid arthritis anorexia Eupd and loads more please can someone help thanks hope all are ok through this sad time as well thanks for the join x

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

It all depends how you got awarded 

Did you appeal the decision when you were refused and then get awarded at tribunal ? If so yes you should have got back pay

Or did you accept the refusal and make a new application if so not entitled to back pay 

Also I presume you are meaning the 12 months you lost in 2015 ? It's a long time since then to be wanting to claim the back pay 

Usually if you are entitled to any back pay it is paid when new decision is made 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @helena28 as far as I am aware  you wouldn't be able to claim it back but I could be wrong 

Uou could try giving pip a ring and asking them or you could ask citizens  advice 

Other people will comment aswel they may be able to help you more sorry I couldnt help any further 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @helena28 - welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. I'm sorry to read about all the problems you're facing, both health-wise & with PIP. When did you get your most recent decision letter? I ask because, if you didn't ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration at the time, you can ask them to look at it again if this was less than 13 months ago. You do have to have a reason for doing a late Mandatory Reconsideration, but if you have been too ill to do this that may be taken into account.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @chiarieds 2015 she was refused  would she still be able to do a  mr 
  • chiarieds
    I'm unsure as to when she had her most recent decision, as it was a little unclear to me as she said,' the year before.' That's why I asked this question.
  • helena28
    helena28 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi everyone thanks for response I was ill. To Ill to cope at the time 2015 it was stopped and 2017 reinstated enhanced both I was on High and low before just stopped it when it was up also I have Eupd depression suicidal indentation I was a mess then and now I’m more capable of my life also I was fleeing DV as well so sorry to say but these factors would they help me ? Can I ask for a mandatory reconsideration thanks everyone 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @chiarieds may be able to answer that question or @janer1967
  • chiarieds
    When was your last PIP award stopped. I'm sorry, but that's the bit you haven't said. It sounds like you were awarded in 2017, so when did that stop please?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry but as @chiarieds said above you only have 13 months to request the MR

Trying to appeal a decision made 6 years ago isnt possible 

You could always check this out with welfare rights but my understanding is that it isnt possible 

When appealing they look at how your condition affected you at the time the assessment was done and it would be impossible to make that call 6 years after 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.