Need help lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need help lcwra

Options
Chelseamorgs5
Chelseamorgs5 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hey guys so I put my fit note in the 10/08/2020 and on the same day had a referral form to complete then on the 15th of October had a decision to be placed in lcwra so rightly assessment period begins on the 10th august 
 so I should of had payment for December 2020 and January 2021 but still nothing This is what my case manager put to me can anyone help me understand this please Am I right in saying I’m owed money or not.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

It looks to me like the date to start your claim has not yet been decided and been challenged which could be reason for not having payment yet 

This is just my guess though 

I would try contact your case manager through your journal or by phone as they are only one who can provide an answer 
  • Chelseamorgs5
    Options
    So regardless of when I first put my fit note in if a decision to start my claim hasn’t even been decided it could mean I have to wait a further 3 months if I do get a date or so on? 
  • Chelseamorgs5
    Options
    And do you know what 18 months prognosis plus 1 is lol
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It seems they are disputing if your claim 3 months waiting period should be from 10th aug or 30th sept 

I dont know about 18 prognosis maybe it is recommended review time 

Honestly I am no expert on this you need to speak to them 

I am only making presumptions here 
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    Options
    I'd say your 18 months prognosis + 1 is that they received your medical evidence a month before they did the actual assessment so this extra month has been added on in your favour. Like Janer said above though this is just a guess and only contacting DWP will get this confirmed for you.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.