Lockdown and personal issues — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lockdown and personal issues

Options
Ibelive2020
Ibelive2020 Community member Posts: 799 Pioneering
This is me at the minute im trying my hardest tó hold myself together xxx

Comments

• BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    Options
    Make sure you are talking to people @Ibelive2020 - be it family, friends,your GP or other professionals. The old saying 'a problem shared is a problem halved' is very much true in the times you may be feeling anxious or all alone.

We are all here to help each other so never be frightened to pop on the forums and just ask someone for a chat
  • Ibelive2020
    Options
    @BrettW I dönt like talking tóo people dönt wanna be burden on anyone and my gp hé is as much use as a chocolate fireguard!!
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    Options
    @Ibelive2020 you're not a burden to anyone on here - we are all in the same boat and understand how you're feeling. If you're ever feeling desperate to talk to someone you can always private message me if you don't want to talk to someone in the public forums. We both have a wicked sense of humour and we can use that to cheer each other up :smile:
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear things are tough at the moment @Ibelive2020. As BrettW said, you're absolutely not a burden, and we're all here to try and support you the best we can. 

You're always welcome to have a vent or seek advice on here, and there are plenty of other organisations that can offer a listening ear if things get particularly bad. Here are a few links:
    Am I right in thinking that you've spoken to your GP about this before, but that you didn't take them up on the offer of medication or talking therapy? Are either of those perhaps things that you would consider now? There's no pressure to of course, but there's also no shame in accessing additional support if you need it. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Ibelive2020
    Options
    Thank you at BrettW i dönt know how to private message yes i agree with you bout sense of humour part lol @Tori_Scope thank you xxx
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Options
    No problem @Ibelive2020 :)

You can use the 'inbox' icon under your profile picture to the right of the notifications icon to send a private message to someone. I've included some screenshots below in case that helps. 

Select the inbox icon.

Click 'new message'.

Type in the username of the person you'd like to message. Type your message in the text box, and then press 'post message' to send.

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Ibelive2020
    Options

Brightness