Most valued item — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Most valued item

leeCal
leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
my most valued item amongst a few is a fein supercut, a brilliant multitool, and very useful for diy jobs.

what would your most valued item be?

(nb I’m not particularly asking what your most valuable item is!)

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
― Dalai Lama XIV

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Probably a boring one for me - my iPad

It does lots of things - my entertainment, keeps me occupied, I do my study on it and do emails on it so keep in touch with people
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    For me it would have to be my computer. Its my lifeline to the outside world
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,681 Disability Gamechanger
    Well....( Not to appear boring) but ive bought a fastastic tool recently to unblock a stubborn sink blockage, after trying expensive chemical products and homely remedies that failed. I bought a pump thing only 2.50 which works well. :smile: 
  • leeCal
    @66Mustang actually I forgot about my iPad! I totally agree, a most valued tool.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    My mobile phone is to me so I can stay in touch with people
  • leeCal
    @sandy123 it’s hair that seems to be the thing isn’t it, very hard to get out usually. We have the same problem but I don’t think your pump thing would work on my particular plug hole, not sure. Is it for sale on amazon, if so I could take a look at it. Thanks ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    @leeCal no i got it from tool station and they sell same 1 in screwfix. Honest I had tried everything before I bought it. Drain blast unblocker  it's called 2.99 in screw fix and I payed about 2.60 in tool station highly reconmend
  • leeCal
    Found it @Sandy_123, looks useful and should work with my sink, thank you for the heads up!

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    @leeCal no problem you won't be disappointed. By way it's not my most valued item lol.
  • shosta
    shosta Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    It would have to be my wheelchair for me.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    My Xbox, although hopefully in a few weeks I'll be getting the Series X when Argos or Game get stock in.

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    My dishwasher...resisted getting one for years as I have a tiny kitchen a nd thought it would send my water bill through the roof....it didn't, so glad I have it now.
    My ipad and mobile of course.
    My carpet and  upholstry cleaner...a must for anyone with a dog!
    And lastly, Alexa, I no longer have to have CDs just ask her to play me what I want when I want it...loads of relaxation apps too.

• Cress
    I forgot my steam generator...miles better then a regular iron and automatically adjusts the temp.
    So even though I still hate ironing, I can do it a lot quicker with far better results...
  • Cress
    I also forgot my washing machine, nowt special as such but it does play a merry little jingle when its finished and not the anxiety inducing BEEP BEEP BEEP...which sounds like the bin men are reversing into your kitchen or the countdown to a nuclear melt down....I value a lot of things! Lol
  • leeCal
    Thank you everybody, all very interesting actually I think you’ll agree ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    Oh, I almost forgot totally about the car, very valued item, I don’t know where I’d be without it...actually I do, I’d be at the bus stop. 

― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    For me, it's probably photos and videos of my family and loved ones who have left us.  That and chocolate.   :D<3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,410 Disability Gamechanger
       I'll second that @Cher_Scope, my photo's mean more than all my other possessions... and chocolate  ;)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Got to be my headphones. What would I do without my awesome tunes?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness