How long does it take for them to make a decision? What are good things to look out for on report? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long does it take for them to make a decision? What are good things to look out for on report?

tdotmelty27
tdotmelty27 Community member Posts: 39 Connected
edited January 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi i had a pip assessment on the 22nd of December i got a report back from the assessment however im still waiting for a decision whem i called and asked for a report i was advised the Decision manager had received the assessment report on January 12th its not obviously the 27th does it normally take this long?
I read the report and based of the question sectors asked i would be entitled to enhanced mobility and daily living component enhanced would the decision manager go with the report also what other things are good to look out for on the report?
Thanks

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    hi @tdotmelty27 and a warm welcome to scope, it can take anything upto 8 weeks or longer for a DM to make the decision so as it's only been 3 weeks you may have some time to wait. I take it you have added up the points on the report? usually but it has to be said not always the DM will go with the report, apart from totalling up the points and reading the report not much else you can do now but wait., but it does sound like good news.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• tdotmelty27
    @woodbine thanks for the response yeah i first rang up about pip in October got the fourm sent to me got help filling that in and sent it back i then had my assessment on the 23rd of December i rang up about 16th jan to ask for a report of the assessment the women also adviced that the case manget had received the report on the 13th of jan i added the points up which indicates 18 points of daily living and 12 on mobility i know it takes about 8 weeks but didnt know if that was from whem i first called or from whem i had my assessment thanks for response though.
  • woodbine
    Its 8 weeks from when the DM gets the report from the HCP but it can be longer if they are busy, and they are very busy.

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tdotmelty27 - & welcome to the community from me too. As woodbine has advised, the DWP Decision Maker does usually go along with the Health Care Professional's report. If you've checked the points awarded somewhere like here: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Scores-for-PIP-Descriptors-2020.pdf  against your assessment report, then all appears well. Also look to see the recommendation as to how long your PIP award is recommended to last. You can put in a Mandatory Reconsideration to just look at the length of your PIP award.

• tdotmelty27
    @chiarieds thank you for you reply on the report says 4 years is that good or what im not sure is that a common amount?

• woodbine
    Four years isn't bad, although they will start the review process after 3.5 years.

• chiarieds
    As woodbine says, 4 years is certainly not too bad; mine was for 3 years. :)
  • tdotmelty27
    @chiarieds okay thats good then i received a letter today stating they have all the information to make a decision is this a good sign it will be sooner rather than later is that letter a common thing?

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Its a standard letter meaning it will be with a decision maker.

4 years is good btw, my mums is for 5 years. 
  • chiarieds
    It does seem odd that they keep sending these letters out to everyone, & unfortunately it doesn't mean anything more than it says, & doesn't give an indication of when anyone, yourself included, will then get a decision letter. But it does seem you should be able to relax as your assessor's report seems favourable. Please do let us know how you get on, thank you. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @tdotmelty27 :) 

I hope that the information above has put your mind at ease a little? 

Just to let you know, I've renamed your post and moved it into our PIP category so that other members will be able to find it more easily. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.