Tea - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tea

Options
2»

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,826 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Tori_Scope oh I know, i try to be healthy then I get here's 10 pound off a take away, who can resist? Not me lol.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have the same problem with tins, jars, etc.; some just defeat me, & much to the amusement of my son, I can't use an electric can opener. The Scope team are a very bad influence, aren't they? :) I had cauliflower cheese, just for a change....one of my favourites.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Ibelive2020 yes toast i can't open the ham lol ?  xx
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,826 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @chiarieds you can buy a gadget to help opening jars, it's really good.  I'm not a fan of cauliflower cheese :neutral:. But hoped you enjoyed it.
  • Ibelive2020
    Ibelive2020 Community member Posts: 799 Pioneering
    Options
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @chiarieds its frustrating  I have gadgets  that are suposed to help me  but you need your hands to use the gadgets  so i sat on the floor cried then got up and made toast  lol ?  
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @Ibelive2020 I was looking forward to the ham lol cant wait until pay day 
  • chiarieds
    Options
    My right arm, wrist, hand & thumb were damaged by another when I was about 20, so I'm left with weakness, a partially dropped wrist, & wear a silver ring splint constantly on my thumb. Unfortunately, I'm also right-handed. With jar openers, you need one good hand to hold the jar.....I've been more than frustrated before myself.
    I was just so pleased to get a Tesco delivery (it to 3 weeks to get a slot), that I had to use some fresh vegetables, so cauliflower cheese, with a few green beans thrown in it was. :)
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @chiarieds sorry to hear that my lupus has affected alot of things I can lots of other things with my hands its ehen it comes to tins and jars and small things 

I think lockdown is getting to me now and now I feel useless  because I cant even open a tin of ham 

I know it sounds silly 
  • chiarieds
    Options
    I think lockdown is affecting everyone, & what you say doesn't sound silly at all, Lisa. I had a 'wobble' just a few days ago, but told myself my mind is still active even when my body seems to let me down.
    My son took me to the solicitors yesterday, the first time I've left my house since September (& I've only been out 3x since last February). I'd been thinking about WW2 for some reason the night before; what people endured....the bombings, lack of food, loss of loved ones for so many. My son told me about 70,000 civilians had died in the UK during both World Wars; the majority in WW2. This pandemic has sadly taken even more lives, but aren't we fortunate in comparison? We have each other; this Scope platform. We need to pull together, as has been done in the past.
    Sorry, @Ibelive2020 - for perhaps derailing your thread, but sending my best wishes to you & everyone. :)

• Ibelive2020
    Options
    @chiarieds no need tó apoligize bút your very welcome x
  • Ibelive2020
    Options
    Best wishes @chiarieds staysafe takecare my friend xx
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @chiarieds thank you  that brought a tear to my eye I am a careing and sensitive person who wants  to put the world to right and help people  and I couldnt open a tin lol ? 

Brightness