pip review for MH back pay on governments decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip review for MH back pay on governments decision

anubis68
anubis68 Community member Posts: 30 Listener
edited May 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Does anyone know?  because I had a review and scored 0 points sent in MR if I win and they award me care and mobility which I only had care before will the mobility part be backdated to 2016 when the government changed the rules on mobility side for mental health? because it was just a review not a new claim

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    AFAIK it will only supersede your existing award, but don't jump ahead you have to get a successful MR first. Good luck
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Hi @anubis68 - as above, please wait & see your MR decision. If you're thinking about some recent changes to the case law as regards the 'Engaging with others face to face' descriptor, which I think it might be with you mentioning 2016, then the DWP are only looking at a decision made between 6th April 2016 & 17th September 2020, & then only when they consider getting an additional 2 points would mean a person might be awarded the standard rate of PIP, or a standard award might change to an enhanced rate. The DWP say that they will contact anyone who had a claim during that period if it might change their award. So, you don't need do anything even if that applies.
  • anubis68
    anubis68 Community member Posts: 30 Listener
    edited January 2021
    Hi it wasn't the face to face part it was the mobility part
    CPIP/636/2016
    I was told by DWP that it was going to be looked at again that was in 2019 but they have a lot to look through

• stephanie44
    stephanie44 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    The pip does owe alot of the disability awards especially severe disabled with extremely clinically high risk , pulmonary and deliberating diseases that have worsened this past year more than ever so many dont know what they can or cant do safely anymore and have had operations and therapy and support on hold 
    Alone that entitles to enhanced rates itself 
    Why are the disabled people being so let down it's like being punished for being unwell over and over 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.