Pubs still being open in the soaps?! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pubs still being open in the soaps?!

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
Above.

We're all in lockdown, yet in Coronation St, Emmerdale and Eastenders the Pubs are all open! OK I get the latest episodes were probably filmed pre all 3 lockdowns but aren't soaps supposed to represent real life?

Thoughts?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    They're not real pubs, it's all on a set.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    The way the rules and regulations change, you couldn't expect them to reflect all changes in filming, they would be changing something every day!
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,607 Disability Gamechanger
    I used to watch all the soaps then all of a sudden 4 years ago i thought wow i'm wasting too much time on them and gave them all up the same week. I never bought into the real life e.g Corrie had and still has I assume 1 pub a corner shop and a newsagents in one street really? Our whole village only has that.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,612 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope they're not supposed to represent real life... I must lead a very boring life if so!  :D

I'm surprised they're still open now though, I thought they were being filmed pretty close to the air date now.  I used to watch every episode of EastEnders until Covid started...have only seen one or two of the more recent ones.
  • Ibelive2020
    Ibelive2020 Community member Posts: 799 Pioneering
    I hate soaps they copy story lines off each other tbh i have nőt watched soaps for 5 years 

Brightness