Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pubs still being open in the soaps?!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Listener
Above.

We're all in lockdown, yet in Coronation St, Emmerdale and Eastenders the Pubs are all open! OK I get the latest episodes were probably filmed pre all 3 lockdowns but aren't soaps supposed to represent real life?

Thoughts?

Replies

• Ami2301Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,632 Disability Gamechanger
    They're not real pubs, it's all on a set.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • lisathomas50lisathomas50 Member Posts: 4,150 Disability Gamechanger
  • MarkN88MarkN88 Member Posts: 1,005 Pioneering
    The way the rules and regulations change, you couldn't expect them to reflect all changes in filming, they would be changing something every day!
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,108 Disability Gamechanger
    I used to watch all the soaps then all of a sudden 4 years ago i thought wow i'm wasting too much time on them and gave them all up the same week. I never bought into the real life e.g Corrie had and still has I assume 1 pub a corner shop and a newsagents in one street really? Our whole village only has that.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • OverlyAnxiousOverlyAnxious Member Posts: 1,359 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope they're not supposed to represent real life... I must lead a very boring life if so!  :D

I'm surprised they're still open now though, I thought they were being filmed pretty close to the air date now.  I used to watch every episode of EastEnders until Covid started...have only seen one or two of the more recent ones.
  • Ibelive2020Ibelive2020 Member Posts: 803 Pioneering
    I hate soaps they copy story lines off each other tbh i have nőt watched soaps for 5 years 
Sign in or join us to comment.