Hi I'm Dragonflies! Does anyone know of a support group for disabled people living with cancer? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I'm Dragonflies! Does anyone know of a support group for disabled people living with cancer?

Dragonflies
Dragonflies Scope Member Posts: 1 Listener
Does anyone know of a support group for disabled people who are living with Cancer?

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dragonflies - & firstly, welcome to this community. Whether disabled or not, I would recommend looking at Macmillan Cancer Support's website. Please see: https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
    Please know if we can also help in any way, this is a very supportive & friendly community too, & you are very welcome to talk here any time. Hope this helps.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Dragonflies :) It's great to have you with us.

Good question. There aren't any that I know of off the top of my head that cater to disabled people specifically. Have you been in touch with any cancer-specific charities or organisations, such as Cancer Research UK (who have their own online forum), or Macmillan, to ask if they could help, or know of someone who might be able to? 

What kind of support are you seeking? People who can relate to your experience, or more practical support?

I'm also aware that some of our members have personal experiences of cancer, so I've renamed and moved your post in the hopes that they will see your post.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness