Does the qualifying date for winter fuel payment change yearly? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does the qualifying date for winter fuel payment change yearly?

leeCal
leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
Does the qualifying date change yearly?

Winter Fuel Payment

This is a tax-free payment to help people born on or before 5 October 1954

keep warm during winter. Some people call it winter fuel allowance.

Eg will the qualifying date next year be people born on or before 5th october 1955?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
― Dalai Lama XIV

Comments

• Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    @leeCal . As far as I am aware.The winter fuel allowance does change every financial year. So there is a date change. Hope this helps . Check it by googling ....enter winter  fuel allowance and it will give you all the criteria you need. 
  • leeCal
    Thank you @Lulu_1949 ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Lulu_1949
    @leecal you are welcome glad to help x can I ask where your profile picture was taken?
  • leeCal
    I must admit @Lulu_1949 it’s a free stock picture. Lovely church covered in snow.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Lulu_1949
    @leecal aww thanks hope you don’t think I was being nosey , it just looks tyrolean... it’s a beautiful picture. I was born in Austria and it so looks like it could be there.
  • leeCal
    I think you’re probably right @Lulu_1949, do you miss Austria?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • leeCal
    Thank you @calcotti

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Lulu_1949
    @leeCal yes, I love it there all my relatives on my mother’s side live there . I normally go every year to light the candles on the graves for my mum. We lived up in the mountains near a large lake in southern Austria. Can’t go Cos of this COVID but hope things are going to get better soon. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    @Lulu_1949 - Ich liebe Osterreich - sorry don't know how to do an umlaut. I've been skiing there twice, but it was a long time ago; once at Bad Ischgl, & then another time near Serfhaus, but I can't remember the name. After seeing the Oberammergau Passionsspiele another time we then next stayed in Innsbruck, & visited Salzburg. I have also visited & holidayed in Kitzbuhel, the last time being when it was celebrating being 700 years old, so unfortunately also a very long time ago.
    I remember either the first or 2nd time I was in Austria looking around a couple of churches graveyards. I couldn't believe how beautiful they were, with small photographs of former family members, & I took some photos myself.
    I hope you are able to visit again when it's safe to do so, & light the candles on the graves of your relatives.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.