PIP success stories on mental health grounds? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP success stories on mental health grounds?

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
  • johnsmith187
    johnsmith187 Community member Posts: 71 Pioneering
    @woodbine em..ok. I mean I never said you said that so I don't know why you would suggest I did but whatever. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,097 Disability Gamechanger
    That's not what I said at all; I'm saying @woodbine's comment is just as valid as anyone's. I asked you to respect our communities guidelines, which can be found here: https://www.scope.org.uk/online-community-guidelines/?_ga=2.235962951.756640953.1594920585-462006494.1594920585
    Also, in the long run, guidance as to claiming PIP (at whatever stage) may prove just as helpful whether a person has physical, or mental health problems, or a combination of both, rather than 'just' sharing personal experience. I stand by what I've mentioned, & would ask that you take the time to read our community's guidelines, thank you.
  • johnsmith187
    @chiarieds I have read them and I would suggest you take the time to read them yourself. 

When I suggested people gain comfort from people hearing success stories woodbine directly said 'I beg to differ' op then stated she had infact been comforted,objectively proving woodbine wrong,which is all I stated. If you think my comment broke TS and C's please report it to admin. Thank you.
  • chiarieds
    Thank you @johnsmith187 - I read the guidelines fairly often, but appreciate you reminding me of them.
  • johnsmith187
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,278 Pioneering
    I was awarded pip last year for 2 and half years on the grounds of mental illness I have anxiety , ocd and ptsd pychosis . I recieve higher for daily living and lower mobility. 

I haven’t done a review yet I wish you well with your review 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,607 Disability Gamechanger
    @chiarieds I have read them and I would suggest you take the time to read them yourself. 

When I suggested people gain comfort from people hearing success stories woodbine directly said 'I beg to differ' op then stated she had infact been comforted,objectively proving woodbine wrong,which is all I stated. If you think my comment broke TS and C's please report it to admin. Thank you.
    @johnsmith187 that is rude an unhelpful, @chiarieds is a long standing and highly valued member of this community, whereas you my friend have made 3 dozen post and want to act like you know more about the rules than someone who has made 6,629 post.
    you should appologise.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• johnsmith187
    @woodbine I would kindly ask you to stop being so aggressive and to stop with the passive aggressive terms like 'my friend'. Does my posting history mean my voice is valued less than anyone else's? I merely reminded chiaried about the guidelines AFTER she had reminded me twice. Your comment was both rude and highly inappropriate, please reframe from tagging me further as I do not wish to speak with someone who conducts themselves as you do. Good night.
  • cupcake88
    Sorry to over take this thread but I don’t know what is going on with this forum lately . It’s like some people can’t comment because people take it wrongly . 

@chiarieds are well respected members on here and try there best to answer all questions . I think people need to just not get so offended and defensive . 

This forum is supposed to be a friendly and safe space . 

Woodbine was just simply explaining every case Is different and @chi@chiarieds was just simply saying to be respectful on the forum to all members .

i have mental illness but how my illnesses affects  me might not affect the next person with mental illnesses the same . 

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,607 Disability Gamechanger
    @johnsmith187 1)i wont tag you again as I won't engage in your coversations, FYI scope comes with a very handy "ignore" feature if you want to add me to your list please feel free.
    My comment was neither rude or "highly"inappropiate as it goes mate.
    It is purely good manners to recognise another members contributions to this forum and making 6,629 takes some doing and indicates that that person knows more about the forum and scope and how things work than either you or I do.
    And for the record I will always without exception defend people on here who i both like and respect.
    Good night 
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• johnsmith187
    @cupcake88 thank you for you input. But I would kindly like to point out as I have several times before as did the op. Op was NOT asking for advice for her pip or advice on whether she is likely to be successful or not. She wanted to be comforted by success stories of other people claiming pip while at the same time fully aware that their claims had no impact on her own claim other than giving her some comfort. I'm at a loss as to how the op's own words have been ignored or misconstrued by so many 'respected members'. 
  • kimbychick
    kimbychick Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    I'm beginning to regret starting this discussion now. It was supposed to be light hearted and I was interested to get some info from people in similar situations as myself, which I got from @johnsmith187 and found very helpful. I personally think he has done nothing wrong. Thanks to others who have shared positive stories also x
  • cupcake88
    @kimbychick I’m sorry you feel you shouldn’t of post you absolutely should of . I responded to your post the best I could . I have mental illnesses and I get pip . 
  • kimbychick
    kimbychick Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    @cupcake88 thank you that means alot. I am awaiting the outcome of my review and my anxiety is getting the better of me thinking of going through the whole MR and appeal process again to get my points back. Do you mind me asking, were you awarded yours after assessment or did you have to go to appeal? Thanks again x
  • chiarieds
    Hi @kimbychick - absolutely nothing wrong in your post, & I'm pleased @johnsmith187 proved helpful & insighttful, as I hope too did my friend @cupcake88's reply. Sometimes others of us who have been through the PIP process also hope to help; I hope you don't mind.
  • chiarieds
    @johnsmith187 - it certainly doesn't matter about how many posts I've made compared to yours. Must admit after mentioning our communities guidelines, you asking me to read them was rather odd...
    I'm also at a loss as to where you could see woodbine's comments as 'aggressive' in the slightest. I think you're perhaps missing the point that people's personal experience, as asked for, is important, so too might be other's experience/knowledge about the PIP process; both might help the OP. Sorry you misunderstood.
  • johnsmith187
    @chiarieds as I had broken no guidelines I found it strange for you to suggest I read them which is why I replied in kind. If you are implying that asking someone who has broken no guidelines to please read them is odd,I would agree and ask yourself why you felt the need to say it to me. 
    And it is not me who has missed the point is is you (once again I'm afraid). At no time did I dismiss woodbines advice about each individual pip claim being different, in fact I openly agreed with it.  What I disputed is woodbine directly saying that other people's experience has no value to op, as it obviously does as she has stated several times now.

I believe you would benefit from reading this thread through again until you understand the key points. Instead of parading a false sense of superiority by saying 'sorry you misunderstood' as it is you who has failed to understand (once again).
  • bishop1967
    bishop1967 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Lockdown has definitely turned this forum in a more negative way.. People are more  angry the hope is lockdown is over soon then Mybe we can all live more positive life 
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness