When will I get my back payment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When will I get my back payment?

sassym
sassym Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited February 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone can help. Around March 2020, I sent of an assessment form to UC. I recieved notification in May 2020 saying that I know longer needed to provide anymore fit notes, or look for work or work related things. Anyway I actually got my disability part of UC at the end of October. I had been on UC for a few years, so the extra disability part was around £353. What I want to know is when wil i get the back payment of the disability.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    You only get back pay from when you sent in your first fit note and then there is the 3 month waiting period 

What is the date of your first fit note 

Did you declare medical condition when applying for UC or did you just report it in 2020 ? 
  • sassym
    When I first went on UC it was because I was on a low wage. I was diagnosed in 2019 with a spinal condition and signed of work. I was giving sick notes until May last year when they told me I know longer needed to give them.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    ‘When I first went on UC’ doesn’t tell us when that was but I infer it was sometime in 2019.

You should be paid LCWRA element from the fourth UC payment provided you gave them Fit Notes and returned the ZuC50 on time. If that hasn’t happened and there are arrears owed then post a note in your UC journal or ring to ask for them to be paid. 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • sassym
    I have called them, I've posted notes on my journal, they pretend they don't know what I'm talking about. They then say they will get someone to call me within 48 hours, of course thats never happened. I really don't no what to do now.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    If you are having no luck with DWP try contacting your local MP. Explain the history to them with dates including the messages you have left and the (non) responses you have had. Ask them if they can intervene for you.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • sassym
    Ok if I have to go this route then I will.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

On your journal when it asks what type query it is put payment query as I think these go through to your case manager 

Or when call DWP ask to be put through to your case manager 
  • sassym
    I have done the case manager bit but he/she never gets back to me.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.