Forum technical advice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Forum technical advice

janer1967
janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
Hi there to admin or anyone else that can help 

I know this was asked before by another person but didnt get an answer that worked 

How do you stop getting email notifications for a single post you have commented on but no longer want to see other comments 

Eg some of the games I have played but no longer want to see as I get hundreds of emails everyday just from these as others are playing 

I know how to change my notification settings but I am referring just to a single thread 

It was suggested you change the star at top of thread which I have tried bit didnt work 

Any help from admin here @Tori_Scope @Cher_Scope @Ross_Scope @Adrian_Scope

Thanks 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't believe there's currently a way to 'mute' a single thread unfortunately @janer1967. I also find it inconvenient, so I've added it to the list of feedback.

The star at the top is for bookmarking, so you can mark certain threads to receive notifications on if you want to, but that wouldn't work the other way around, i.e. in getting notifications to stop.

The only thing I think I could suggest would be to turn off receiving notifications for posts you've commented on as a whole. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Tori_Scope thanks for getting back to me 

Unfortunately turning off notifications for posts I have commented on wouldn't work for me as I do want to still see most of them 

It's just all the games as some members like to play for hours through the night which I have no problem with but then I get so many emails in morning 

I will just not comment on the games I guess but that would be a shame too 

Oh well we cant have it all 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    janer1967 said:
    @Tori_Scope thanks for getting back to me 

Unfortunately turning off notifications for posts I have commented on wouldn't work for me as I do want to still see most of them 

It's just all the games as some members like to play for hours through the night which I have no problem with but then I get so many emails in morning 

I will just not comment on the games I guess but that would be a shame too 

Oh well we cant have it all 
    Depending on your email provider, such as Gmail or Hotmail or whatever, you could just mark the messages as spam, then they'll get deleted after 30 days anyway.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, I have the same dilemma @janer1967 :( We're working on making the community better for everyone at the moment, so this is something we take seriously. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness