I've been awarded LCWRA. How long does the back dated payment usually take to be processed? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've been awarded LCWRA. How long does the back dated payment usually take to be processed?

Options
tomcar80
tomcar80 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited February 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi All, I’ve been awarded the LCWRA element and I’ve been notified of the amount backdated that will be paid, however the letter in the journal doesn’t say when the payment will be in my account, does anyone know how long the back dated payment usually takes to be processed?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

In my own experience which is different it took about 6 weeks but I won at tribunal so this will take longer 

If you have been notified how much then it has all been calculated so shouldn't take as long fingers crossed 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @tomcar80. Unfortunately it just depends on your case manager's work load. Have you looked at your previous statements to see if they've been amended to include LCWRA? It's usually a good indicator of progress.
    I'm not sure if you have any outstanding debts but they can also send the underpayment to the DWP debt department instead of directly to you. Have you 
    It can't hurt to pop a quick note on your journal to your case manager and ask if they can give you a rough idea of when to expect it. 
    Fingers crossed you're not kept waiting too long. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • tomcar80
    Options
    Hi Adrian, no outstanding debts with DWP, previous statements have been updated. The wording on the letter is very vague when compared to PIP which had dates and amounts, this letter just says we’ll pay the money to you. Owe family a fair bit of money as taken 18 months from claiming UC to getting LCWRA so would just like to give them an idea when I can give them their money back ?
  • tomcar80
    Options
    So they’ve got back to my question on my journal and the payment will be in my account by Thursday, so seems it is being made by BACS, seems a waste of staffs time to be answering questions like that when they could just include a line in the letter
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    I'm glad they've replied to you so quickly and that it sounds like the payment has been issued @tomcar80. Let us know how you get on on Thursday! 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @tomcar80 great news glad you got snow answer 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.