How can I get help with my MR? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How can I get help with my MR?

Options
my67890
my67890 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Ho can I get help to do mandatory  conservation  plz the nurse who did my interview as lied lied 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @my67890 -

If you decide to do a Mandatory Reconsideration, you should put this in writing, & whilst you may wish to point out 1 or 2 really provable 'inaccuracies' from your assessment, you should give a couple of detailed examples about any difficulties you faced, at the time of your assessment, for each applicable descriptor. This should be for example, how was the activity difficult, why, what happened, who witnessed it, & what were the consequences of doing/attempting the activity, if any? 

Also, if you can't do an activity 'reliably' (safely, to an acceptable standard, if it takes you more than twice as long as someone without your problems, if you can't repeat it as often as you'd like) this should be included, as well as if it caused you any pain, which should also be taken into account. It's a detailed response about your functional difficulties that will help you gain the award you feel is correct. 

You have one month from the date on a decision letter in which to apply. Make sure you put your name & National Insurance number on each page, & get a free Certificate of Posting when you send it off. Hope this helps. :)

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @my67890 you may disagree with what the assessor has said but it won't do you any good to base your mandatory reconsideration on what you perceive as lies, better to follow @chiarieds good advice.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• my67890
    Options
    Hi thanks but when they plied and played down my condition it's not on I have cervical myelopathy  lumber spine spondylitis  advanced  osteoarthritis  I  both legs osteoarthritis  in both hand wrist and fingers left fingers are numb  my right sre can not  really function proper hardly any movement to side or upper also osteoarthritis  in both sholder and just had exray might have rotator  cuff so pain ful my right leg goes numb in so much pain up most of the night in pain  she said mobility fine get dressed her self and showers her self and the rest 
  • my67890
    Options
    I cant chop food cause grip no good have to wear straps on hands wrist  I cannot lift any thing heavy  as I drop stuff all the time but she said I can chop and prepare and cook and stand with no difficulty yes I can stand but my back and legs are so painful I have medical records to support  my condition but was played down said only on mild meds when iam on very strong pain killers including diazepam   sorry it's long but its annoyed me because  my self put in in august for change of condition  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.