Potentially looking for a new career — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Potentially looking for a new career

Options
Geoark
Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
edited February 2021 in Work and employment
So finally work discussed how the new structure is going to look by May. Busy improving my Excel skills hoping they will overlook the qualification requirement  in their essential requirements, ever the optimist. However the realist in me knows to prepare for the worst.

I have thought about a career in making love songs. My daughter doesn't think I have quite got the idea and should think of something else, I suspect because they border on plagarism. Here are some lines to different songs I have come up with using my wonderful, caring, loving and long suffering wife.

Have I told you lately
How much you cost me?

I bet you wish I had a body just like her, don't ya.

Well tell me what you want, 
What you really really want.
I'll tell you what I want 
What I really really want
I want, I want
I really really want a divorce.

Having my baby
What a lovely way of saying
You forgot the pill, again!
What a lovely way of saying
What your thinking of me
I can see it, your face is growling.

As an individual I stood alone.
As a member of a group I did things.
As part of a community I helped to create change!

Tagged:

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     :D:D  Move over Barry Manilow, @Geoark is in town.   

But seriously, I hope the new work structure works out well for you.  Be sure to let us know how you get on.  (I've moved this thread to our Employment and careers section as not to confuse!)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you been having a look around for other jobs you might be interested in doing @Geoark
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have started looking, but not seriously considering it at this moment. 

I have asked a couple of questions about the new structure and jobs. One I am not interested in, the other lists a part qualification in bookkeeping, and not one of the usual ones for some reason. It depends a lot on their answer on this question, ie if a candidate demonstrated the other skills they are asking for and would be willing to study the required course would they consider them. I suspect not as it is usually these type of things which allows them to pay the higher wage.

The other is to do with Excel skills and VBA. My excel skills are good, but not sure if they are in line with what they are looking for. I am off next week and the first week in March and planning to use the LinkedIn education to improve my skills further. Even if I don't get that job and have to look externally it would not hurt to do this. 

Come to think of it I also need to update my LinkedIn profile. 

So at the moment it is just researching the type of jobs out there and what I might like to do  next if necessary.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Brightness