Hi, my name is lewis82! Can I be removed from ESA SG, or PIP, through phone assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lewis82! Can I be removed from ESA SG, or PIP, through phone assessment?

lewis82
lewis82 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
Hi. I am currently in ESA support group and have been for many years however I'm due phone assessment next week. My question is can I be removed from support group with a phone assessment or if not enough evidence available would have to wait for face to face assessment? Again same question regarding PIP assessments please.
Many thanks.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

For pip if a review has taken place even if a phone assessment the DM will make a decision as long as there is enough evidence the new decision will then be what you are awarded and yes if not enough points scored your PIP could stop or be reduced 

In some cases they cannot make a decision based on the info they have so request f2f 

However there are no plans to start f2f again yet so this could be a long wait 

I'm not 100 percent sure if esa is the same but I am sure other members will be able to help 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @calcotti can you help with the above question 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community :) It seems as though it is the same for ESA @lewis82. The Citizens Advice website says that: 
    The DWP will send you a letter with their decision. They might decide to:
    • keep giving you ESA and put you in the ‘work-related activity group’
    • keep giving you ESA and put you in the ‘support group’
    • stop your ESA because you don’t have limited capability for work
    Coronavirus - if you’re waiting for a medical assessment

The government has postponed all face-to-face medical assessments at the moment.

You’ll keep getting ESA until you have a medical assessment. The amount you get won’t change.
    The DWP will try to assess you without seeing you face to face if either:
    • you’ve already been given an assessment date
    • you tell the DWP your condition has got worse
    It’s important to send your medical evidence as soon as possible. The DWP will try to assess you by looking at your medical evidence and talking to you over the phone.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    @calcotti can you help with the above question 
    As previously requested please don’t do that.

Nothing to add to what Toni has posted.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • lewis82
    lewis82 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Thanks to all for advice. Appreciate it.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @calcotti that was before you said what you said I havent been on here much today and haven't commented  much and I certainly haven't tagged any one said you told me 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    Lisa, understood and apologies. Didn’t register the timing.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @calcotti thank you apology accepted ☺ 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.