I haven't received my backpay yet. Does this mean I've been unsuccessful? Tips for appeal process? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I haven't received my backpay yet. Does this mean I've been unsuccessful? Tips for appeal process?

tdotmelty27
tdotmelty27 Community member Posts: 39 Connected
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi guys i received an update from pip today stating a decision has been made and posted out on 31st on January which i dunno if that true as that was a sunday?
The lady said a decision has been made and sent out on the 31st i haven't received any back pay in my bank i checked as loads of people say that they receive the backpay before the letter as ive not received any back pay and the letter should come this week i belive does this indicate ive not be awarded pip???
Just wrorried about this as many say they receive they money before the letter i belive letter should come soon and not had any money so does that indicate ive not been awarded owt?
I am  dreading having to go through the appeal process.
Any tips on the appeal process as i think its heading that way despite when i read the report it looked actually good from the accessor?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

It doesn't mean anything not everyone gets money first tho some do 

All you can do is wait for the letter they do normally go with the report so you may be worrying for nothing 

If it isnt good news and you want to put in mr concentrate on descriptors you think you should score in and give real examples of what happens when you try and do the task 

Let us know the outcome then we can advise more on appealing 
  • tdotmelty27
    @janer1967 hi thanks for youre reply i am just worried as my mum said that 9 out of ten times payment gets put in before letter arrives so indicates im not getting it the report scores added both up to enhanced rate on both hower im just worried as mental health is a hard thing to understand as its not allways visual for people to see also im still waiting for a diagnosis for autism or some kind of learning disability so that doesnt help that waiting my assessment for that i know pip dont go on diagnosis and go on ho2 it affects you but i didnt send any proof as didnt know i had to until recently i sent in go number and address my mental health nurse number and address and that so i guess thwy could contact them However gps i see are different ones so they dont really kno2 me so its hard im just worried as i havnt had a back pay like my mum said then i havnt got it.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Why don’t you call them and ask them what the decision was. That way you will know and saves waiting for the letter. 

If the letter has been posted it will be accessible on their system. 
  • janer1967
    Sometimes calculating the payment and getting it authorised could take longer than the letter 

As above you could also call and ask 

I would also say if the report indicated enhanced for both it would be unlikely the decision would be no award 

I also got my letter before any payment this was a few years ago though 

Please let us know the outcome 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Please try not to worry @tdotmelty27 - we have had plenty of members say their post has been delayed, so hopefully your decision letter will arrive in the next few days, & it does sound like it will be that you have been awarded PIP. Please let us know when you get the letter, thank you. :)
  • tdotmelty27
    @chiarieds its not the letter thats been delayed its just that ive not received any back pay which alot of people state they receive the back pay before the letter but i believe there letter will be with me in the next couple of days and still not receive a back pay which makes me think i wont get it if you understand sorry im nit good at writing stuff 
  • tdotmelty27
    @MarkN88 i thought i wasnt allowed to ask them over the phone i would have to wait for the letter thats what i believed? Is that not the case??
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    @MarkN88 i thought i wasnt allowed to ask them over the phone i would have to wait for the letter thats what i believed? Is that not the case??
    They should tell you over the telephone, Give them a call and ask the call handler to read out the decision over the telephone and while your doing that maybe ask if they can tell you if the backpay has been processed. (if the decision is in your favour of course). 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    @tdotmelty27 - You are absolutely fine at writing :) Some people get their letter before the money, & some get the money first.....you don't have anything to worry about, but appreciate that's easy for me to say. I do hope you hear more fairly soon. :)
  • tdotmelty27
    @chiarieds I will keep you all updated trying to keep positive from what the report was like which indicates enhanced on both but i guess they dont always go with the report as the report if basically writing down whag u say and from what my answers are.
  • tdotmelty27
    @chiarieds just wanted to update you i have now received my backpay but not had a letter yet when donu normally get youre first payment after decision is made obviously ive been backdated for what thwy owe me but just was curious when payments are normally made.

• janer1967
    Hi 

It is hard to day when your payment will be 

You can either wait for the letter or give them a call 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @janer1967 looks like you over lapped the person has received  their back pay lol ? 
  • janer1967
    @lisathomas50 yes I know they have had back pay but they were asking when there next payment will be as in ongoing monthly payments 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @janer1967 sorry I sincerely apologise ? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.