Don't order from Just-Eat! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Don't order from Just-Eat!

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
edited February 2021 in Coffee lounge
I ordered a McDonalds meal from them this afternoon, the driver got lost and couldn't find me so I never received my delivery! Smh @ delivery drivers who don't know the local area and rely on the <moderator removed - offensive language> Sat Nav to find customers! I've lived in my area 14 and half years and still Pizza deliveries etc get lost because the Flats don't come up on the flippin' Sat Nav!

Now I'm down £7.17 on my card.

<moderator removed - inappropriate comments.  Please be mindful of expressing viewpoints that may offend others - Cher>

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Get onto their customer support. I have always found them helpful when situations have arose, which hasn't been often. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @MrAllen1976 I have been realy grateful for just eat delivery's  and it has helped pubs  who do food deliveries  only once my food went missing and they did my food again deliverd it and my next order was free of charge you just need to tell them what has hsppend 

To be fair I have respect for sll the people that do the food deliveries its not an easy job and they come out  in all westhers and could also catch covid 19 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I use just eat all the time with mo issues 

I live on new estate that doesn't show on many sat navs but if they have issue they call me for directions 

I was a delivery driver for a couple years for pizza takeaway and we always had customers number on the order ticket we took out just in case 
  • harddean
    harddean Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    You gotta be desperate to eat McDonald’s 
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Used to phone up for ordering food but much prefer using just eat, online ordering makes for fewer mistakes and I've never had a problem with them myself.
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    No just eat or deliveroo deliveries where I live. 
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    I use just eat and Ubereats all the time there always great on the one occasions Uber eats had to cancel my order they refunded my money back ASAP .

they are great with me 
  • [Deleted User]
    MarkN88 said:
    Get onto their customer support. I have always found them helpful when situations have arose, which hasn't been often. 
    I tried to speak to them last night, on a London based number (woe betide this month's phone bill) and they were about as much use as well, name something completely useless that the Mods won't delete...

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2021
    @MrAllen1976 I have been realy grateful for just eat delivery's  and it has helped pubs  who do food deliveries  only once my food went missing and they did my food again deliverd it and my next order was free of charge you just need to tell them what has hsppend 

To be fair I have respect for sll the people that do the food deliveries its not an easy job and they come out  in all westhers and could also catch covid 19 
    I did, and same thing will probably happen again because my address doesn't come up on the ****** Sat Nav because of useless drivers who don't know the local area well enough to not rely on Satnavs to get anywhere.

I rang 'em up, twice, on a London number (woe betide this month's phone bill) and they couldn't have been less helpful IMO.

*edited by moderator - profanity 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @MrAllen1976 to be fair I would accept it where I live I live in a lane and it's not an easy place to find  but only once I had a problem quickly resolved  and a free meal so I was happy 

Brightness