Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Want to give us your opinion? Complete our annual survey.

Hi, my name is number1crip!

number1cripnumber1crip Member [under moderation] Posts: 23 Member [under moderation]
Anyone fancy a chat? 

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 8,622 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Have a look around and feel free to join in 

A good place to start is our coffee lounge for general discussions . This isnt a chat room but plenty of discussions going on 

Do you want to tell us a bit about yourself 
  • number1cripnumber1crip Member [under moderation] Posts: 23 Member [under moderation]
    What do u want to know🤪🤪🤪🤪
    Maybe tell us what brings you here 

What are your interests 
  • number1cripnumber1crip Member [under moderation] Posts: 23 Member [under moderation]
    32 year old ex rugby player that now has a minor disability thanks to a bus you read right lol 
  • CressCress Member Posts: 498 Pioneering
    Rugby player?
    I bet the bus was a write off...lol
    And welcome
    Well put it like this iv kinda brushed it off cuz im still walkin granted not brilliant but i get bout lol cheers cress
    Start off by names age an marital status shall we? Lol
    janer1967 said:
    Maybe tell us what brings you here 

What are your interests 
    See above
  • lisathomas50lisathomas50 Member [under moderation] Posts: 3,637 Member [under moderation]
    Hi and welcome to the community 😊 
    @number1crip sorry I didn't word that correctly 

Well im looking for like minded people that doesnt take themselves too seriously 
  • lisathomas50lisathomas50 Member [under moderation] Posts: 3,637 Member [under moderation]
    @number1crip to talk to you about  your problems as this is what this forum is helping people with disabilities 
    Is a mental state of a disabled person not important? We are in a pandemic ppl with disabilities ban live lonely lives but ok i have a left sided hymothesia any advice? Ill go to my doctors if i need advice tyvm 
  • chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @number1crip - & welcome to the community from me too. For some light-hearted chat, as mentioned above, do come & try our virtual 'Coffee lounge' to see the variety of discussions. We also play some word games to keep the 'little grey cells' active, which you might enjoy. Hope to see you there. :)
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Scope community team Posts: 3,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @number1crip :)

You can absolutely talk about your mental health, and you're right that many disabled people are feeling particularly lonely at the moment unfortunately. Do you have any friends or family that you're able to speak to regularly at the moment? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Take a few minutes to complete our annual survey to let us know what you think about the online community.
    Not really just come out of a relationship too but its fine 
    @number1crip to talk to you about  your problems as this is what this forum is helping people with disabilities 
    Nice place to feel unwelcome cheers
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Scope community team Posts: 3,163 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2
    Hello @number1crip and a warm welcome to our community.  It's lovely to meet you.

I think there may have been some crossed wires, and @lisathomas50 intended to make you feel welcome and encourage you to talk.  You are more than welcome to chat about anything you like and mental health is something a lot of our members have been struggling with over lockdown.  Have you read this thread about coping with stress, low mood and isolation?  it contains lots of suggestions on how to improve our emotional wellbeing so I'd recommend taking a look.

How are you doing today?  Has it snowed where you are?
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Take part in our annual survey and let us know how we can improve your community experience.
    @Cher_Scope it wasn't clear what this person required and I am sorry it didn't sound welcoming that wasn't my intention 
    I dont require nothing just wanted a chat hence asking names ages n marital status (last one is deffo a joke now) 
    But apparently lisathomas50 said:
    @Cher_Scope it wasn't clear what this person required and I am sorry it didn't sound welcoming that wasn't my intention 
    Wernt clear tho
    @number1crip

This isnt really a chat site which the things you suggested eg names and stuff isnt the normal thing members ask 

We dont allow any personal information either like full names for security reasons 

Lots of people do chat in here in form of posts which are visible to all members so that's why we restrict personal info 

Most general chat I'd in our coffee lounge section 
    First names n ages would off been fine but its fine k ill just use derogative terms instead or mke up names ye?
    Some of our users don't mind sharing details such as their age or first name but, as Janer1967 explained, we don't allow full personal details to be posted on the site @number1crip. It's usually easiest to use a member's username instead, but if they're comfortable with you using their first name then that's also fine. 

Take a few minutes to complete our annual survey to let us know what you think about the online community.
    I never asked for full names
    Go to top n see how i started my discussion
    edited February 3
    [removed by moderator - personal attacks not allowed, please watch your tone] maybe people should think b4 they spk
    No further comment as you seem to take offence when all I was doing was explaining how the site works 
    I wouldnt of been able to find the site or become a member if i didnt know how to use the site would i? 
    Hi @number1crip,

@janer1967 and I were just trying to explain that those are not the sorts of details we allow to be posted on the community, just in case you'd misunderstood.

It's fine to explain that you didn't intend to collect other members' information, but please watch your tone when interacting with other members. We don't tolerate personal attacks on the community, and we'd appreciate it if you kept all communication polite. You can read our community guidelines here

edited February 4
    Watch my tone i was polite intro myself asked for those WHO WANTED to reply there name thats kinda hipocritical we dont accept personal attacks cuz this is my stat i never mentioned noone you all chose to comment <moderator removed - offensive language and personal attacks not allowed on the community.  Cher>
    edited February 4
    Hi @number1crip

I've edited the comment you left above as it again contained personal, offensive comments that go against the supportive ethos set out in our community guidelines.  

If you could please remember to keep comments polite, respectful and friendly in the future.  How are you doing today?

Take part in our annual survey and let us know how we can improve your community experience.
    edited February 4
    What like accusing someone of having an alteriave motive or belittling a disabled person as clearly stated in the message u have all CHOSEN to comment on but u have all chosen to start an argument i came here to hopefully make n meet fellow disabled ppl maybe befriend or help although im having 2nd thoughts n i hope that your checking up on EVERY OTHER  disabled ppl like my orig comment was aimed at but <moderator removed - personal attacks> an have come across a crip that wont stand for it
    Every1 else that wants cheering up youtube number1crip
    Or on instagram <moderator removed - links to personal social media accounts not allowed to safeguard members>

edited February 4
    Hi @number1crip

The aim of our online community is to support disabled people and provide a space for connections and friendships to be made.  That's why it's really unfortunate we appear to have gotten off to a bumpy start.  Our members have all reached out to welcome you and I think somewhere along the way, words have been misinterpreted where there was no ill intent.  It would be great if we could start afresh, but to do that the content of your posts must be kept within the community guidelines signposted above.  

As you can see, I've edited your post to remove personal comments made against our members and also a link to your instagram account.  Although Youtube accounts are permitted to share creative content, our rules don't allow for social media accounts such as insta to be allowed to protect all our members.  I hope you understand and appreciate these reasons.  Many thanks - Cher.

Thats all that needed to be said thank you none of my personal details r on there except d.o.b im a real life little britain lol n im sure u can tell ill fight for what i believe is right which obvs who knows better bout bein disabled than a disabled person to my detrament. 
    Im a nice guy so can i ask where ppl r from n lets say i can help someone goin shop or takin them to apps how would this be arranged n am i callin them there username?
    edited February 4
    @number1crip That's good to hear, and determination like yours could help us on Scope as we are continually involved in the fight for disabled people's equality :)

Yep we use people's usernames, and to address someone directly put an @ before their name.  For instance - @Cher_Scope.
    Although it's really lovely of you to want to help others in terms of going to the shop for them, we don't offer that kind of personal support or recommend personal meetings for safety purposes.  You can help us by talking more with others with a similar impairment and offering words of wisdom from your experience :)  Oh, and I'm from good old South Yorkshire! 

edited February 4
    <moderator removed - personal attack and offensive language> im also suicidal so how is sending a message goin t stop me jumping due to these comments <moderator removed - inaccurate comment>
  • vikingqueenvikingqueen Member Posts: 332 Pioneering
         Really......
    edited February 4
    <moderator removed - offensive language> dont go quiet now go chat to adrian.
    U dont even regulate anythin so who are you to tell me what i can or cant ask/post? 
    <moderator removed - personal attack>
    I apologise if i missed any1
    Vikingqueen yes really yes really
    Hi @number1crip

As you can see, I've edited your comments above so they are in line with our community guidelines.  We will be sending you an email soon so please check your inbox.  Many thanks.  

Sign in or join us to comment.