Best holiday - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Best holiday

13»

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    I went to Edinburgh a few years ago and that was nice, hilly of course but nice. 

I also had had a few days in Berwick and visited Alnwick castle which is worth seeing, they filmed some Harry Potter there. I wanted to visit lindisfarne island but it was difficult for us to get to in our three day visit, we were without transport that time. 

(Kynance cove looks good @cress! Wikipedia says;
    Kynance Cove features in the 2015 production of Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None, a period drama of three daily episodes first broadcast on 26 December 2015.[14] It is also used as a location for the TV series Poldark (2015 TV series), as Ross Poldark’s beloved Nampara, and in the episode The Devil's Foot from The Return of Sherlock Holmes.)

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Yes @leeCal it's very beautiful...I remember as a kid the only sea I'd seen was full of seaweed and murky coloured couldn't believe how clear and blue the water was at kynance, thought I was on a tropical island!
    Happy memories of taking my own kids, who loved it too.
    I'd seen the first two programmes you mentioned but you've now inspired me to take to amazon and buy all three...and Aiden Turner (poldark) doesnt hurt either lol
    In the unlikely event of lottery win, it's where I'd love to live...so, no chance of that then  :/
  • coylygirl
    coylygirl Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    Froggie backpacker resort in the island of Flores in the indonesian Archipeligo

Brightness