Keep Fit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Keep Fit

coylygirl
coylygirl Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
edited February 2021 in Coffee lounge
I have had a personal trainer for 3 years now and he is a star.  Exercise really lifts my mood but my financial circumstances have changed and I can no longer afford him.  Anybody here know anything about GP exercise referrals? TIA
Tagged:

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    Hello @coylygirl

This NHS website has information if you scroll down to the 'Exercise on prescription' section.  While I know in 'ordinary times' many local councils run various free exercise programmes such as a walking or couch to 5k group.  

Are you managing to get out for a daily walk?  I try to and find putting on my headphones to listen to a music or podcast helps me get motivated.  Good for you for wanting to keep it up  <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • coylygirl
    Thanks Cher, I haven't been walking as I can't leave the house on my own, but I have posted on my village fb page asking for volunteers for socially distanced walks.  Getting a good response xx
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Ah that's good to hear  :)  Let us know how you get on.  At times like these the community spirit really helps.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • coylygirl
    I live in a wonderful village and the neighbours are all rallying roundmx
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @coylygirl
                          How are you? I am really pleased that you are getting a good response for socially distanced walks, what a great idea, and I hope that the information @Cher_Scope has shared is useful. Exercise is great and I agree, it has a really positive impact on our emotional and mental wellbeing. This is vitally important, particularly in the difficult circumstances we currently find ourselves in. Thank you. 
  • coylygirl
    Hi WestHam, thank you so much for this;  Due to my condition I can't currently leave the house alone, sou will be great to have walking companions x

Brightness