Hi, I'm diane01! I'm struggling with menopause symptoms, can anyone help? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm diane01! I'm struggling with menopause symptoms, can anyone help?

diane01
diane01 Community member Posts: 45 Connected
Struggling just found out i've got this fnd & suffering with menopause to finding it hard to take meds as they seem to make me feel like im fitting really had nervous every day with it picking my lip smoking no end & twirling my hair & spasms twitches over tiredness shaking legs jerking in sleep & lack of memory contraction really fed up it atm & could do with a bit of support from someone whos going thru this condition no helplines i can find & i'm not sure wot to do with myself on a daily basics feels like ive got flu every day headache & the lack of hormones to give me one happy thought.
Just wake up not wanting to be here anymore & hard to carry on!  

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @dian01 sorry to hear what your going through have you spoken to your dr  about how your  feeling maybe they can help you 

When I went through  the menopause  I didn't have many  symptoms I was quite lucky 

Welcome to the community  others  will reply who can maybe help you more

Hope you get the help you need 

Take care 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Sorry you are going through this 

As above speak to your gp in the first instance maybe you can have some HRT or some liquid meds instead 
     I am sure there must be some support helpline I will look for you later 

I have been through the menopause too but I only had few symptoms of anxiety and depression that didnt last long so I count myself lucky 

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    Hello @diane01 and a warm welcome to our community.

I'm so sorry you join us under these circumstances.  I have friends who have struggled with the menopause and I know it can be horrendously debilitating  :(  It's definitely best to discuss this more with your GP as it sounds like the symptoms are increasingly impacting your everyday life and making you feel down and fed up (understandably).

I'm going to send you an email about the mental health aspect of your post soon, but I wanted to leave a few links to mental health support organisations here for you.  These are to use incase things ever get too much and you want somebody to talk with:
    • SHOUT: text SHOUT to 85258 to speak to a volunteer over text
    • Samaritans: ring 116 123, or email jo@samaritans.org for 24/7 support
    Also, your safety is our priority so make sure to ring 999 and ask for an ambulance if things become overwhelming to the point that your wellbeing might be in danger.  

Take care and look out for that email! :)  Best wishes - Cher.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • diane01
    Its not just menopause but also fnd I've got feeling so horrible in myself & cant handle both conditions at once really is making my life  a living hell????
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Sorry, you're struggling with it @diane01
    I thought I was getting early onset dementia when mine started, constantly forgetting words and just having complete blank moments.
    My internal thermostat seems to have gone completely to pot!
    Never tried meds for it.

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    Hi @diane01

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to read you are struggling at the moment. 

As queried above, have you discussed how you feel and how your condition is impacting your life with your GP? They may be able to advise on how best to progress with your situation so that you can feel better soon.

Please remember as well that there is support there for you from the community, along with the resources Cher provided above and in the email, as well as Scope's helpline if you ever feel like discussing things over the phone.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • diane01
    Aw thanks u all for the above lovely comments..i've give up on the system now drs i just feel i'm wasting my time asked for blood test fobbed me off  i rang 111 few days back they sent over a report asking my drs to ring me within two hours 3 days later not a one phone call from them seems like they want to leave me suffering doesnt help the pills they chuck my way dont agree with me so I'm guessing it a catch 22 cant win either way!  How do i stay positive without taking pills feeling bogged down in it sleepin ova 12 hours a day still tired after that amount  only so much one person can take b4 u start thinking u dont want to be here anymore because its all way to much to handle..i'm probably the weakest person on the planet right now 43 & stuck on the edge

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @diane01

Thanks for your reply. 

It seems as though you have been let down by your GP. Have you tried asking for a new one? 

You absolutely aren't the weakest person on the planet, you aren't weak at all. We believe in your strength and that you deserve to get the help you need to help you through this tough time. 

I'm not sure what support exactly you have in place for your mental health right now, but please ensure you discuss this with the health professionals in your life if you think the current support isn't right, as you suggest above. If your GP is fobbing you off, try requesting a new referral, this might work for you. 

Also, I'd advise taking note of the resources we've sent you in our emails, such as Samaritans, who you can contact on 116 123, and Shout, who you can get in touch with by texting "Shout" to 85258. These will enable you to have a conversation with someone to talk about how you feel. You might also benefit from having a needs assessment through your local authority.

We absolutely want you to be here, hopefully the community can be a supportive outlet for you. And Scope's helpline is always there for a chat as well.
    Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness