I've put the new diagnosis to PIP. What if they stop all together? Can they go against the court? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've put the new diagnosis to PIP. What if they stop all together? Can they go against the court?

Lee123
Lee123 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello I'm very worried I got pip from the court for just over 3years my worries is that iv put the new diagnosis to pip what if they stop all together can they go against the court?

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lee123 - So have you reported a change in circumstances, as you mention a new diagnosis? Have you received a new PIP claim form?
  • Lee123
    No just over the phone and will send in prove
  • Lee123
    They never mentioned that
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm not quite sure what you're asking @Lee123 but PIP isn't about diagnosis but about the care and/or mobility issues you have v the descriptors.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lee123
    I called them to let them no there was a change and they asked a couple question, my question is I got pip from tribunal for 3 years if they go over my new diagnosis and old one can they take the old one away even if its from the courts if they say no to new diagnosis
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    If you have reported a change in how your health affects you DWP will carry out a review and the subsequent decision would replace the tribunal award (which I am reading as being a while ago).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

From what I understand you have a PIP award that you won at tribunal and have now reported a change in circumstances 

This will trigger a new review and you will get new forms and a new assessment 

The decision will then be made 

I'm not 100 % sure but I would think the new decision will then overrule the tribunal as it was you that prompted the new decision due to reporting a change 

I am sure one of the others will clarify if this is correct 
  • calcotti
    Actually, looking at the title of the thread I am confused. The post appears to indicate that the tribunal award was a while ago but that a new health condition has now been reported to DWP. However the discussion topic is titled “I was just awarded through the court”. 

Further clarification about what has happened when is required to check that we are trying to answer the correct question.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @Lee123, hello and welcome, can you inform us who are trying to assist,help you when was the PIP award granted date please and when did you inform the DWP of. Change of circumstances. We await your reply.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    That's me retitling a post badly @calcotti. Entirely my mistake. I'll edit it to try and reflect the post better.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • calcotti
    edited February 2021
    Thanks Toni, that clears that confusion up!

Lee123, when you make an appeal the tribunal make a decision on your claim in place of the DWP. That decision has no special characteristic, it becomes the current award. If a later change in circumstances takes place the DWP will consider it in the normal way.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.