If I move into a new house within the same LA with one other person who works, can I still get SDP? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If I move into a new house within the same LA with one other person who works, can I still get SDP?

13»

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @lisathomas50 benefit rules are the same in England and Wales, there are some differences in Scotland and N.I as they have more devolved powers.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @woodbine not i am not allowed to comment 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    calcotti said:
    Kami - are you claiming housing benefit? If so you need to bear in mind that if you move from a one bedroom flat to renting a room your housing benefit entitlement will go down so although your rent will be less you may be no better off in terms of your housing costs. At the moment you are entitled to the one bedroom Local Housing Allowance rate, if you are a lodger you will (I think) only be entitled to the shared room rate. 
    Kami, reading through this thread again I now think this earlier post of mine is incorrect. Because you are entitled to the SDP, even if you live in shared accommodation you will remain entitled to the one bedroom Local Housing Allowance rate. I apologise.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.