Clonazepan — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Clonazepan

Options
coylygirl
coylygirl Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
Anyone have any experience of this medication/  It's a strong sedative that's meant to send me to sleep.  Took my dose 2 hours ago but has had no effect.  Have rung 111 but 2 hours wait for a call back  :(

Comments

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi there I have never had that but I’m on diazepam which is a Benzodiazepine like what clonazapan is. 

What’s the reason why you was perscribed it if you don’t mind me asking was it to do with mental illness , muscle pain or to help you relax and sleep ? 

Personally they work on people different some people will take one and be fast asleep and relaxed and others no me personally they don’t work on me as well as they used too ? 
  • coylygirl
    Options
    I have just had a bipolar relapse and am very manic, anxious and paranoid.  It was prescribed because it's supposed to be faster acting than diazepam to help me sleep
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hi @coylygirl

I hope you managed to get some sleep, it looks like you were up late into the night :(  How are you feeling today?

Did 111 ring you back?  I'd recommend discussing this more with your mental health team to get their opinion.  Medications impact people differently so they'd be best placed to offer you safe advice.  I hope you are keeping well.  Let us know how you are :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • coylygirl
    Options
    Thank you, 111 did call back but put in a call to a GP who didn't.  Finally slept around 3am, due to sheer exhaustion. Got around 5 hours to not too bad, but feeling very groggy  :(
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    Have they given you any meds for your bipolar as well or just the meds to help you sleep . How you feeling today ? 
  • coylygirl
    Options
    Yeah they've given me anti-psychotics and a mood stabilizer,  slept loads today and missed my visit from home treatment! I've been fighting sleep during the day as I don;t want reverse sleep patterns but I guess I should just go with the flow.  Feeling much better today thanks x
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad you were feeling better yesterday @coylygirl

I hope that's still the case today and you have a lovely weekend :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • coylygirl
    Options
    Thanks Ross, had 10 hours sleep, so feeling refreshed, although a little fuzzy.  Having an easy day today but a little walk to Tesco with my lovely neighbour.  It's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood  :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    10 hours?! Wow, I'm jealous @coylygirl :) 

Hope you enjoy the walk, stay safe and have a nice time in the lovely weather :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness