Hi, my name is Rosanne! I'm hoping to chat to others who are struggling to cope during lockdown. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Rosanne! I'm hoping to chat to others who are struggling to cope during lockdown.

Rosanne
Rosanne Community member Posts: 9 Connected
edited February 2021 in Coffee lounge
Hi everyone, am brand new here, only just having discovered this forum. Am hoping to chat to others who are perhaps struggling to cope in these challenging times.
Tagged:

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Rosanne and welcome to the community ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @Rosanne hi and welcome to the community  hope you enjoy  your time on the community 

Alot of people start  in the coffee lounge  where there are lots  of different discussions  and games 

Hope to see you around the community 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome from me too 

Do you want to tell us a bit about yourself 

Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • Rosanne
    Hello again, thanks for the lovely warm welcome. I have just moved into a short term let. I've got a degenerative back condition which limits my mobility, and has meant I'm unable to work. I stumbled across this group on Facebook, and am hoping to connect with others, am feeling isolated in the current situation. I love reading and doing crosswords, listening to music, and I love to chat! 
  • janer1967
    @Rosanne

I took found this group on facebook and gave been here nearly 2 years 

I am also unable to walk due to amputation and live in a bungalow now which is great 

I live with my teenage son so he just hides in his room on his xbox 

Anwar enjoy your time on here 
  • Rosanne
    @janer1967 thank you for your kind reply. I know all about teenage boys and their gaming, my son is 25 but still loves his ps4! I am glad you are in a bungalow, looking ahead I won't be able to manage stairs. It is good to be in this group.
  • janer1967
    Do you live on your own now ? 
    Before I moved I used to go up and down stairs on my bum lol with a wheelchair at top and bottom to transfer to 

Not that I would recommend this but if I didnt I would have been confined to downstairs only till I moved house 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Rosanne

Welcome to the community, how are you? 

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling with isolation right now, it's quite a common theme at the moment, hopefully we will be out of lockdown soon and will be able to see others. 

This community is a kind and helpful place, I'm sure you'll enjoy meeting others and getting involved. You might want to start by visiting the virtual coffee lounge to play one of our many games.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Rosanne - & welcome to the community from me too. Great you found the community, & thank you for joining, & sharing a little about yourself. It's also good to meet a fellow bookworm!
    As Ross has said, unfortunately many are feeling isolated with the lockdowns. We're living through unusual times, & it can be very hard to cope. I do hope you find this friendly & supportive group helpful, & enjoy being a part of it. Hope to see you in our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' or please do chat here any time. :)
  • Rosanne
    Hi @chiarieds, thanks for your kind reply to my post. It's great to find the community, and I'll certainly be visiting the coffee lounge and would love to chat on here. Do I just post as I'm doing now? Thanks again.
  • chiarieds
    Hi @Rosanne - yes, just like here. Any discussion you want to join in with, just type your post under the last reply, & certainly still chat here too. Let us know if you have any other questions about getting around the forum. :)
  • Rosanne
    Hi @Ross_Scope, thanks for your message, I am so pleased to have found this forum. The coffee lounge sounds good, will be paying a visit very soon. 
  • Rosanne
    @chiarieds many thanks for letting me know, very helpful. Speak soon! 
  • chiarieds
    You're very welcome @Rosanne - we'll have to have a chat about books! :)
  • Rosanne
    @chiarieds, thanks, I'd like that!
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Just to add my welcome @Rosanne It's lovely to meet you :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Just seen this and adding my welcome as well :)
  • Rosanne
    Thank you so much, everyone is so friendly and welcoming
  • coylygirl
    coylygirl Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    Hi, I'm a newbie too and I find this a literal lifesaver.  I had a bipolar relapse on Monday due to a break up in which the police were involved.  Mental health services were with me within 24 hours and they've been so supportive.  I live in a small village and have been here over 20 years (on and off) and they have circled the wagons around me.  I also have fantastic friends locally and all round the world.  As I live alone I have bubbled up with another household and also have priority slots with Tesco as cannot leave the house alone.  I am concentrating on eating and sleeping and have my new meds regime which should kick in about a week.  What I'm trying to say is to get all the support you can around you.  Big loves  <3  Nic
  • Rosanne
    @colygirl, firstly thank you for responding to my post, and secondly I am so sorry to hear that you have been through a bad time. Glad to hear that you have support locally, it makes all the difference. As well as my physical problems I also suffer with mental health issues. I am trying to cope with the loneliness, I know I'm not the only one dealing with it at the moment, but some days are harder than others. Really glad to have connected with this group.

Brightness