Advice for parent re Universal Credit application for Aspergers son — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice for parent re Universal Credit application for Aspergers son

Options
hjcespana
hjcespana Community member Posts: 7 Connected
Hi - my son has Aspergers, Klinefelters Syndrome and other conditions all of which result in him not leaving the house ( for around 3 years ) . He receives PIP which has just been increased after re-assessment, and is seen (virtually at the moment ) by a worker from the local authority adult social care team.
We have been advised by her that he could be eligible for some ESA or UCredit which would enable him to contribute to household bills/food etc (he lives with us at home). My Q is - if I am appointed to deal with his PIP (which I am) can I apply for other benefits on his behalf or do I need to start that process again. He has never worked, or attended college due to anxiety, and we are desperate to help him become a little more independent - even if it is just be be3ing responsible for paying towards the housekeeping. His PIP is currently used to pay for an assistant who tries to take him out once a week but usually ends up chatting to him for a couple of hours as he won't leave the house.  Sorry for the ramble ! My Q is in bold !! Many thanks, Helen

Comments

Brightness