lcwra extra money not paid — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

lcwra extra money not paid

beyzaeryilmaz
beyzaeryilmaz Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello, I claim universal credit and due to my severe asthma I was told by my work coach to keep getting sick notes until they would do a health assessment on me and my first ever sick note was in October and had my assessment, I received a decision on 20th February 2021 saying i have limited capability for work and work-related activity and says “ You may get extra money because of your disability or health condition. Changes to your payments will show up on your statement when they happen.
The extra money is awarded from 3 months after the date you first gave us evidence of your health condition or disability, unless an exception applies.”  I get paid on the 12th every month and get my statement on the 8th I looked today and my February statement doesn’t include my lcwra any idea why? 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    The LCWRA element is included for the payment of the fourth complete month after you report the health condition. 

Your assessment period runs from 6th of the month to the 5th of the month. if you reported after 6th October then the first complete month is 6th November to 5th December, second month is 6th December to 5th January, third month is 6the January to 5th February. The LCWRA element entitlement will start for the period 6th February to 5th March and should therefore be included in the payment on 12th March.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @beyzaeryilmaz and welcome to the community, glad you've joined us :) 

I hope the above information has been helpful for you? 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • beyzaeryilmaz
    Hello yes that was helpful! Would I get it backtracked or not really? 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    There’s nothing to backdate. You don’t receive any extra money for the first three months. 
  • beyzaeryilmaz
    Oh Really? I first put in my not fit for work note from go on 21st of October so it wouldn’t get back tracked? 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    There is the 3 assessment period waiting time for any claims for LCWRA so you dont qualify for any back pay nobody gets paid for the first 3 periods 

You will just get the payments when they start and then continuously 

Tbh your case had been dealt with very quick to have had a decision in the waiting period 

That is why people get back pay because they are waiting so long for the process to take place 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    I have tried to explain as clearly as I can in my earlier post that you are not entitled to be paid any extra money until 12th March.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.