Rejected again! I'm sorry but what the hell?! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Rejected again! I'm sorry but what the hell?!

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
edited February 2021 in Work and employment
So I just got an email from Metageeks, "you are not the right fit for this role".. I wouldn't mind but I didn't declare my disability, I officially give up.

No one will employ me!

Tagged:

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MrAllen1976

Sorry to read you didn't get the job. Did they explain why? 

I know you might not like me saying this, but please keep trying your absolute best. If you want to work, then you will receive the results in time if you ensure you put in maximum effort to boost your chances.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What was the role you applied for @MrAllen1976?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ami2301 said:
    What was the role you applied for @MrAllen1976?
    E-Commerce Assistant, my job Coach sent me an email about it last week so I had a punt on it.

Well I do have 23 years experience on eBay as a buyer and seller.

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I know you won't like me making a comment, but sadly it seems to be a fact that most jobs are attracting upwards of 200 applicants, been here before, it's the 1980's all over again.
    Ross's advice is sound.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi @MrAllen1976

Sorry to read you didn't get the job. Did they explain why? 

I know you might not like me saying this, but please keep trying your absolute best. If you want to work, then you will receive the results in time if you ensure you put in maximum effort to boost your chances.
    I have 4 major problems though.

1) 100% of my customer facing retail work is in Charity shops
    2) I'm disabled
    3) I'm over 40
    4) Due to having carers for 27 hours per week, I can't work 40 a week because any time I lose with the carers due to working would be permanently removed by social services.

I can't help any of the above, I didn't choose to be born disabled, it happened and the Daily Mail needs to deal with it and shut up about guys like me being "workshy slaves to the benefit system"

• Ami2301
    Options
    I doubt age and disability play a factor - its the experience and skills they would be looking for.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ami2301 said:
    I doubt age and disability play a factor - its the experience and skills they would be looking for.
    Like I said, I can't help my lack of experience, nobody in the "normal" world (for want of a better word) will employ me.

• Ami2301
    Options
    Genuinely asking - why apply for a role that you don't have related experience? 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you applied to Just Eat?  
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ami2301 said:
    Genuinely asking - why apply for a role that you don't have related experience? 
    Because I do have relevant experience, I have 23 years of experience as a buyer and seller on eBay.

• Ami2301
    Options
    Do you have any experience of the following?

Writing, Content Marketing
    Data Analysis, Analytics
    Testing and Data Collection
    Design
    Development (Ability to write code/CSS/HTML)
    Advertising
    Email Marketing
    Marketing Automation
    SEO

As you can see, an E-Comme4ce role requires more than just buying and selling experience on eBay.

The point I'm trying to make is, for instance I have experience of writing content, data analysis (a little), design, advertising (a little) and SEO. Regardless of how many years experience, I would need to feel confident in my ability to carry out each responsibility within the role, therefore as I don't have any experience with the other duties involved, I wouldn't be best suited for the role.

Brightness