Will my LCWRA be backdated? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will my LCWRA be backdated?

Options
cburton85
cburton85 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi,
I applied for the disability element of universal credit and sent off the forms with my evidence/ fit notes etc on the 5th October. (Fit notes date back to the 15th September) I had my medical assessment in December and was shortly after put in the LCWRA category on the 9th December.

the DWP recently confirmed I will get my extra amount in my February payment. If my fit notes date back to the 15th September, will it be backdated?

my assessment periods are from the 11th - 10th of each month and I’m paid on the 18th.

any answers I’ll be very grateful. Thanks

Comments

• jojo7777
    jojo7777 Community member Posts: 39 Listener
    Options
    i think u might b owed just one month
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

My calculation would be 

Sept to oct wouldn't count as fit note didnt cover whole period 

So oct -nov month 1 waiting 

Nov -dec 2nd waiting 

Dec -jan 3rd month waiting 

Jan to feb 1st payment due paid on 18th feb 

So no back pay due if paid it on feb payment 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Opening post not entirely clear. Was 5th October the date you sent back the UC50 form or was it the date you declared the health condition on your UC journal? 

If it was the date you declared the health health condition I agree with Janer. If you declared the health condition before this date, what was that date. It is the date you declare the condition that triggers the ’relevant period’.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    Options
    @calcotti thanks for that I was led to believe it was the date first fit note was submitted that triggers the relevant period ? 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    @calcotti thanks for that I was led to believe it was the date first fit note was submitted that triggers the relevant period ? 
    You can self declare the health condition for 7 days. The first Fit Note should be submitted within that period. I’m just not clear whether “evidence/fit notes” is referring to that first Fit Note or to the UC50/evidence which would be later.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    Options
    Thanks of course that makes sense to me now with bring able to self cert for first 7 days 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.