Hi, I'm VICKIEconfused86! What does 'functional restriction' on PIP report mean? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm VICKIEconfused86! What does 'functional restriction' on PIP report mean?

VICKIEconfused86
VICKIEconfused86 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Can anyone help me I’ve received my pip report 
I got 4 points 
but I’m confused on the functional restriction affecting the daily living she ticked yes for at least 3 months and 9 months 
And it’s likely that the functional will be present at recommended point of reviews she also ticked yes 
the claimant had a mental intellectual may need additional support to comply with future claim processes she ticked yes again can anyone explain what this means 
thanks..

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Hi @VICKIEconfused86 and welcome to our community!  I hope you are keeping well.

My understanding of this is that your impairment was assessed as not being expected to improve in either 3 or 9 months time, or at review points in the future.

While I'm going to do some further research on the statement 'the claimant had a mental intellectual may need additional support to comply with future claim processes' and get back to you.

Please let us know if you need any support with pursuing a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) in the future.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • VICKIEconfused86
    Hello. I’m good thanks 
    so does that mean it will not be awarded I haven’t a clue with pip as this is my first time applying 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @VICKIEconfused86

PIP has 2 components, daily living and mobility.  For both components, to be awarded you need:

• 8 to 11 points for the standard rate
    • 12 points or more for the enhanced rate
    If the decision maker (DM) goes with the report and you getting 4 points then you wouldn't be awarded PIP.  However, on occasion the DM doesn't go with the report so all is not lost yet.

If you do receive a letter saying you have been unsuccessful, don't lose heart.  Scope have a 'Challenging a decision about PIP' webpage to guide you through the next steps and our community members are very knowledgeable and would help wherever possible.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • VICKIEconfused86
    ok  thank you that makes sense 
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    I've just had my report the box ticked for 3 months means that you have had the condition for 3 months. The box ticked for 9 months means that you are expected to have the condition for at least 9 months. The box she has ticked about at the point of review just means that however long they have suggested an award to last for that they still expect you to have the conditions they have identified in the assessment
  • VICKIEconfused86
    They haven’t put any date for a review for this feeling it’s going to be refused 
    thanks for your help 
  • BrettW
    edited January 2021
    Hi again @VICKIEconfused86 if you look at the top of the next page after the section where the 3 and 9 months are ticked in the report you should see a secion that talks about a future review. There are two boxes there - one for years and one for months. The assessor should have filled those in with how long they recommend your next review should be

Hope that helps
  • VICKIEconfused86
    Hi.It’s blank on the years and months 
    On the box under neath 
    Based on the available evidence,I consider there to be no requirement to arrange a review of this claim as significant change is unlikely and she’s ✔️ It 
    she’s also ticked yes it’s is unlikely that’s the functional restriction identified in this report will be present at the recommended point of review 
    And ticked yes for the claimant has a mental,intellectual or cognitive impairment and may need additional support to comply with future claim processes 
    she’s commented that no review required as the claimants level of functional ability is stable at present and no significant functional restrictions was noted at assessment 
  • BrettW
    Ok. At this point like myself all you can do is wait for the decision letter and see what decision the DWP make. If it is not good news you then need to contact the DWP and request a Mandatory Reconsideration of your claim. 

If this is the case don't hesitate to ask on here for advice about proceeding with your claim

Hope this helps you @VICKIEconfused86
  • VICKIEconfused86
    Thank you ? 
    Hope you get the decision you hope for 
  • ASDIBS
    ASDIBS Community member Posts: 72 Courageous
    Sorry to jump on this thread. Can I please just ask, have you received a copy of the healthcare professionals report? Thank you. The reason I ask is because we didn't receive a copy of the report until we appealed.
  • VICKIEconfused86
    Hello.. yes I called for a copy 2 days after phone assessment I’ve also just got my decision it had got refused 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    ASDIBS, it’s possible to ring and request a copy of the report from DWP. They are not sent out unless requested.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • ASDIBS
    ASDIBS Community member Posts: 72 Courageous
    @VICKIEconfused86 @calcotti thank you for your quick response and Vickie I'm sorry to hear that. ?. Don't give up
  • rachel3471
    rachel3471 Community member Posts: 39 Listener
    I've just received my report I'm not understanding it
    The functional restriction and mobility activities both ticked nit applicable that not gud for my claim
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    I've just received my report I'm not understanding it
    The functional restriction and mobility activities both ticked nit applicable that not gud for my claim

This thread is more than 2 years old. The member hasn't been active since that time. The part in your report about the functional restrictions, if they've put not applicable it means in their opinion you have no restrictions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.