Will PIP affect my LCWRA? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will PIP affect my LCWRA?

cburton85
cburton85 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi, I just got a letter this morning to say I’ve been accepted for PIP for the enhanced daily living rate and enhanced mobility rate and was wondering if it would affect my other benefits?

The only other benefits I’m on is universal credit with the housing element. I am also on LCWRA. Thanks

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Getting PIP wont affect the other benefits you are getting 

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    If you have any non dependants living with you and your UC has a housing costs contribution deduction on it then, now you have PIP, that deduction should no longer be applied.
    If you have a partner who is also on your UC claim they can claim the carer element for looking after you.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @cburton85. Congratulations on your successful PIP claim. I hope @janer1967 and @calcotti's answers have been useful?
    I just wanted to add that it's always worthwhile informing UC.
    I don't know your age but if (for example) you are single and under 35 you could well be getting the 'shared room' rate of housing element, and now being awarded PIP you would be entitled to the one bedroom rate. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't know your age but if (for example) you are single and under 35 you could well be getting the 'shared room' rate of housing element, and now being awarded PIP you would be entitled to the one bedroom rate. 
    Forgot that one. Very hard to provide appropriate advice when there is almost no information about the situation.
    In summary, being awarded IP will not reduce the UC entitlement but there are a number of situations in which being awarded PIP might increase the UC entitlement. 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.