limited capability for work and work-related activity payments 20 months still waiting? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

limited capability for work and work-related activity payments 20 months still waiting?

2»

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    If you were put into WRAG for ESA you must have had an assessment otherwise you would still be in the assessment phase. Because you were in WRAG your ESA entitlement would have ended after 365 days. You are therefore presumably only on UC now and the assessment you had in December would logically have been a UC assessment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • leewill31
    leewill31 Community member Posts: 21 Listener
    calcotti It was definitely ESA
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    I can’t make any sense of it then.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • leewill31
    i don't either that is why i am trying to find any help any where as i was told by ESA on the phone it was them that gave the assessment on 4th December i asked why i am still connected with them and they said it helps pay for my NI conts but has no bearing to anything else , my cont ESA finished in june so i went on to UC with the wife gave all sick notes since day one of both my ESA claim and then UC all up to date.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    It does all seem very strange @leewill31, logically your assessment should have been with UC, even if your ESA claim was still open. 
    Have you received your award letter yet? 

Either way, it sounds like you've been awarded WRAG/LCW. Regardless of whether it was for UC or ESA the decision would apply to both. There's no extra money paid for this group but it does entitle you to a work allowance (an amount you can earn before deductions are made to your UC), so if either you or your wife are working and don't already have a work allowance this could mean you are owed some money. 
    If you don't agree with the decision, once you have your award letter (either in post for ESA or on your journal for UC) you could look at appealing the decision.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • leewill31
    update on this for you i got into support group through a MR in febuary now in dispute with UC concerning my backpay never stops..

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.