CPN said I should have got enhanced — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CPN said I should have got enhanced

Options
Jac75
Jac75 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there have applied for pip got awarded standard daily living but my cpn said I should have got enhanced, I have been shielding from April got asthma but developed child hood trauma and generalised anxiety disorder don't leave the house without anyone being with me was wondering if my claim would get changed 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Jac75 -welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. It does happen that GPs & others think people should have got a different award as they know you. What matters is, would you be able to get sufficiently more points for the daily living component of PIP to change this to the enhanced award? Please have a look, & sorry if you've done so before, at the PIP descriptors/activities, & points that 'may' be awarded. Please see: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Scores-for-PIP-Descriptors-2020.pdf
    Depending on when you got your decision letter, you can ask for another DWP decision maker to look at your award again. This is normally within a month of the date on your decision letter, however, with good reason, you can ask for this to be done up to a maximum of 13 months later. This is called a Mandatory Reconsideration, which is best put in writing.
    Please have a look at the descriptors in the link above, reading also the notes at the end considering whether you can do an activity safely, to a reasonable standard, as often as would reasonably expected, & does it take you longer than someone without your disabilities?
    Please then come back with any questions, as, if we can help or support you with such a Mandatory Reconsideration, then there's usually someone here who may be able to help. :)
  • Jac75
    Options
    Thank you for your advice I got award of 11 points but was advised to appeal so citizens advice filled in for me and got letters from cpn and consultants I have just been put support group for esa and lcwra for universal credit 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Pleased Citizens Advice were able to help @Jac75 - 1 point short of getting an enhanced award of the daily living component for PIP does hopefully look winnable. Please kindly let us know how you get on, & 'Good luck.' :)
  • Jac75
    Options
    My cpn use to be assessor for pip and I don't want to tell everyone about health and what's been going on in my life he knows me better
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    That's understandable @Jac75 and I'm glad to hear your CPN is helping you, along with citizens advice. Unfortunately we can't say for sure that your claim will change but fingers crossed for you. Hopefully with your CPN's experience they'll be able to say which additional points you should have scored and why. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.