Employment tribunal form, HELP! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Employment tribunal form, HELP!

Jooles92
Jooles92 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
Hello,

So I was recieving some advice on this from a legal representative, but unfortunately they seem to want to do none of the leg work at all and seem to not really put any input in at all, I'm running around sending in mounts of evidence to them that I've had no feedback on. So I've decided to go it alone.

The legal representative stated I needed to clarify in the ET1 application form WHICH type of disability discrimination I am claiming occurred, is this correct? All I can see from the box is that I need to tick disability discrimination. 

The long and short of it is, my employer was incredible and amazing, we had a close knit team and we were all very open and understanding. At the beginning of 2020 (pre-covid) my boss began to pick on me, humiliate me, throw papers over my desk while I was trying to work and berated me for making the charity over £2000+ in an afternoon for securing attendees at our event, instead of putting an alphabetised ring binder into suspension files ??‍♀️. Once lockdown hit and after my manager left, my closest colleague, her behaviour worsened after I requested to continue working from home once shielding was lifted. I was shouted at, threatened with verbal warnings for being 10 minutes late to a zoom call (despite others not even attending previous with no correspondence), humiliated on zoom calls, left out of meetings that were solely my role as marketing lead to attend and this wore down my mental health. After putting up with this for weeks, after a month I had a response to my request to my request to work from home, saying they had no issue but calling me in for a meeting with trustee members to discuss (this has never happened to anybody over the 2+ years I've worked there). I was then signed off due to work related stress and anxiety. My boss then left emails in our shared office email, discussing my mental health, copying my text messages and calling me a 'big issue' telling my colleagues to no longer talk to me over the phone. 

Am I correct in saying that this is discrimination due to an issue arising from disability? As the treatment I received was because I requested to work from home due to my disability and the risks catching Covid would have on me because of this? I also have realised that at the very beginning of 2020 I held an office meeting to tell them that I was really struggling with my mental health, a week after this was when my bosses behaviour began and I'm wondering if I should be including this in my claim, as up until this point she had been very accomodating and understanding however it was like a switch flicked and she completely turned into somebody else. 

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @Jooles92 it is discrimination  have you filled any of the form  in yet  

You need to describe what happend when it started to happen and how long its been going on you need to fill it all in and send it off to the employment tribunal 

You can speak to some one from acas  or citizen advice if you wish to do so ? 
  • Jooles92
    Thank you Lisa, so in this form I don't need to specify whether it's direct, indirect, or whatever type of discrimination, just that's it's discrimination? 
  • Jooles92
    Thank you Mike, I am going to make some calls tomorrow but I have had the run around from several companies now who I have sought help from. I'm finding it so exhausting to spend an hour on the phone to citizens advice, only to end up with advice of 'just resign, you'll feel better' after over 4hrs of phone calls for advice, ACAS give me the basics, even MDUK seemed uninterested and didnt seem to understand the issue if they had eventually 'agreed' to working from home, however I don't think the behaviour or bullying I received and was likely to continue receiving was acceptable. 

It's so difficult when you have a condition with chronic fatigue symptoms, to find the energy to keep explaining the situation over and over. I'm hoping that tomorrow I will have more success. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Jooles92 yes you will need to put all the details in of how it started what they said or did indirectly and directly  you need to put  in as much detail of everything you can  to help your case  once you have filled everything in even if you need extra papper to explain everything 

Once you have done it all re check it and make sure you have explained everything  then send it off 

Make sure  you put your contact details down such as phone number email address 

Once its received the tribunal will look over your case and will notify you of the next steps 

You don't have to notify your employer  

If you need to ask any more questions  feel free 
  • Jooles92
    Thank you Lisa for all of your help! 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

First of all before going to tribunal have you followed the companies policy on this ad you need to exhaust this Avenue first before taking it further 

Have they got a fair treatment policy or similar 

Have you put in a complaint in writing to the company first and not had a satisfactory outcome ? 

Read up on ACAS website first before you do anything 

It is discrimination and would be direct discrimination and aimed at one person and done verbally 

I have experience in hr and happy to help where I can 

• Lisatho11987777
    @Jooles92 your welcome I have also replied on your other thread ?

Brightness