Who has tackled an employment tribunal alone? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Who has tackled an employment tribunal alone?

Jooles92
Jooles92 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
Hello,

I'm just looking to see who has taken a discrimination case to an employment tribunal, including completing the ET1 form, without legal help and were successful?

I just need to know that I can do this, I can be successful without spending money I don't have on legal help. I would love to hear your stories, and if you felt happy to disclose whether you settled beforehand and if you were happy with the amount you received. 

Thanks in advance! 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

I hope this person doesnt mind the tag but she went through this and got to date for pre trial hearing when company settled out of court @cupcake88 can you share 

Mist people do it without legal help as there is no funding for this 

I have knowledge of employment law and have sat in tribunals from company side so if u can help in any way just ask 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @Jooles92 hi  I have many times represented  people in employment tribunals  and not always gone to the tribunal  and  have dine my own tribunal 

As long as when you fill in the tribunal form that  you have put down everything that has happend directly and indirectly  explain the situation in full 

You will also need to put what out come you would expect to happen  if you were to win your case 

Once you have filled in the form and double checked you have put everything  down  send the form off and you will be sent a response and they will  tell you your next steps 

You don't have to tell your employer  but once the tribunal accept your case your employer will then be notified  he will have a choice wether to settle out of court  or carry on with tribunal 

If the case goes to tribunal   your role will be to answer questions that the tribunal judge asks you that you will have to be truthful about  also your  employer may want to ask you questions  or their representative  also if there are witnesses  to events that have accured  whilst  at work 

You can claim for loss of earnings if related to the case you can claim for the situation that has accured in work and you can claim for hurt feelings you will need to think of a figure you think you should be paid  if you win the case  or you can ask the tribunal as your representing yourself to do that for you 

The decision is normsly made the same day in the tribunal  snd also what the employer needs to do to make things better for you in work if you wish to remain in your job

The tribunal are very good and help to put you at your ease  if you are a confident person when speaking its a good thing its not hard to do it by yourself  but it depends on each individual  hope this helps ?

Brightness