In deep ...snow ! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

In deep ...snow !

Seanchai
Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
hi guys ....I hope everyone is safe and keeping warm . I prayed we would not get snow on Sunday as I was going for my vaccine....my prayers worked but its snowed all night long last night ..and still snowing yet . 
My bullie ( Hamish loves the snow usually ) he normally munches snow but I let him out earlier and its 10" deep ....Hamish ran in the house and up on his bed . ...not daft our Hamish ??? Stay safe and warm guys ?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    At least you got to your appt 

We had snow sunday night still some around but not too bad 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    We had quite a bit over a couple of days, around eight inches, SE. Snug indoors though. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh poor Hamish! My cat Shadow has just been out for a romp in the snow; she pounces around in it when her weight is just too much, & her paws suddenly sink in. Quite fun to watch. We've only had 3 inches, but it's snowing heavily again, which it did just before when I was talking to my son & his wife in the garden, when they came around to see me. I'm just beginning to warm up again! Hope everyone's keeping OK, & a bit warmer than I am at the moment. :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    We got snow in Sheffield last Saturday night and it's likely to remain all week, we had our vaccine appt up at Crosspool end of last week though so all's good in that area.

Only thing is I'm stuck at my Parents' so we've had to cancel both care companies at short notice, social services won't like that due to the funding but the British weather does not fit their scheduling so yeh.

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Nice picture, thanks for sharing it. :)

We have no snow here. I must be in one of only a few areas that don’t have snow!
    1119082 Posts: 258 Courageous
    The snow makes you feel happy and positive as a person  
  • LiamWarren
    LiamWarren Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    No snow in Bognor. In fact I sat outside in the sunshine today.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    No snow where I live I was sitting on bench in my front garden looking down the lane with the sun out  snd looking at the mountains not even snow on the mountains  they say its coming  Thursday where I live 
    the sun is very nice but so is snow hopefully it does snow again Lisa 
  • Seanchai
    I hate winter ...especially snow . I laugh when I see everyone heading for Scotland for the snow ....we are usually passing them at the airport when they are coming in for the snow , we are leaving because of the snow. 
    1119082;.... I,m afraid I cannot agree  with you about snow , my neighbours cleared the paths and  dug their cars out today . I let Hamish out 5 minutes ago and its snowing heavily again ...poor Hamish was up to his chin in snow ???
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    The bad weather doesn't really make much difference, nobody can go anywhere due to the lockdown anyway.

Yes I can relate to the way you are feeling Mr Allen 
  • Seanchai
    certainly many covid vaccine centres will have been closed down for the day....I have a very good friend in the English Riviera hoping that it does not snow as she has her vaccine at noon . ?
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Has anyone had yellow snow yet? I keep seeing on the weather forecasts there is a 'yellow snow' alert  >:)

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Seanchai
    yep @Geoark .....we were always warned about yellow snow .." Don,t eat yellow snow" ?????????? Over a foot of snow has fallen here in the east central belt of Scotland ? I don,t like snow ? 
  • Geoark
    @Seanchai I used to love the snow, still do as long as I don't have to go out in it. Fortunately, London rarely gets any and normally gone in a few days. Was going to call the NHS line Monday to confirm that I can go to the local hospital to get my knee checked, or if to give it more time to settle down first. As I will be walking there I don't want the added hazard of snow and ice.

My daughter's cat was really curious about the snow on the balcony so in the end gave in and let her out thinking she would put on paw out and retreat. Spent 30 minutes out there and would not come back in. I was not popular with the rest of the family. I have been enjoying watching the local dogs enjoying it though.

• Seanchai
    @Geoark hahahaha...I bet the cat loved it Geo ...my daughters pup is a staffie and has never seen snow ...He was nor sure of it..of course its far deeper than his height ?  Its the heaviest snowfall for 20 years I reckon . What happened to the global warming they were telling us about , it was minus  -8 last night and minus 17 up further north . ....with ten foot drifts . Its started snowing here again , that's all we need . 
    Yep, i don,t mind the snow when i,m sitting in front of the fire ???
    Stay warm  my friend ??
  • Geoark
    Thanks, @Seanchai, unfortunately, staying warm is part of the reason why my family were not so happy with me.

I have no idea why, but for various reasons, I spend most of the time in the bedroom, which is usually several degrees warmer than the rest of the flat. Even if I leave the door open so the cat can come in during the day. Most of the time I do not even realise how cold it is in the rest of the flat unless I leave the room. In part it winds me up, we cannot afford to leave the heating on all day, but they leave putting the heating on until it is so cold it will take ages to warm up and probably costs a lot more in doing so.

To give an example, it is currently -2c outside, in my room, it is currently 24c  and I have had the window slightly open to lower the temperature to make it comfortable to sleep for the last couple of hours. So after leaving the back door open for 30 minutes and then telling them I was going back to my room so I could warm up probably did not help.

I do sometimes wonder if I remember correctly that Scotland used to be a good destination for skiing during the winter.

Brightness