Hi, my name is lou75! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lou75!

lou75
lou75 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi been off sick 9 months depression and fibromylgyia jist been put into esa support group do I need leave my job ? I was due back Wednesday 20th 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

You shouldn't just quit your job without first getting some expert advice and for this i'd advise you to contact ACAS who will be the best people to advise you here. https://www.acas.org.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi as advised dint just quit your job 

Your employers should have a process and policy yo deal with medical dismissal ask them for a copy I would also arrange a meeting with your employers to discuss your options before you do anything 

Once they have told you this you can then get further advice about the best option for you 

I am happy to answer any questions you have 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @lou75 when you say you were due back at work Wednesday the 20th do you mean January 

If your due to go back to work the all you need to do is tell esa that your going back to work and when you don't need to leave your job as your still allowed to work on esa give them a ring tomorrow 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @poppy123456 he is asking if he has to leave his job because he is claiming esa and in the support group 
  • poppy123456
    Yes i know what's being asked and i advised correctly. @janer1967 has also given advice and she has alot of knowledge regarding this.

If someone is going to do permitted work while claiming ESA then must work less than 16 hours per week and not earn anymore than £140 per week after deductions. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Permitted-Work-Rules

Although people do work and claim ESA if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're claiming ESA then you could be reassessed early and the decision could go against you when it's made.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • lou75
    lou75 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi thank you all, iam unfit for work iam in support group been off sick 9 months and I don't want the job any longer due to my health 
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2021
    Then you need to do as janer has advised and speak to your employer and then to ACAS. Please don't just quit your job because you could lose out on money by doing that.
    1119082 Posts: 258 Courageous
    Hi Lou my name is Masuma

Brightness