Pip assessment in few days so anxious — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment in few days so anxious

berry123
berry123 Community member Posts: 264 Pioneering
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have my pip assessment in few days I'm so anxious I hope I dont mess up. I also want to know my daughter will be present do I tell assessor before assessment start.. 

I had a reminder SMS 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi try not to worry have a copy of your form to refer to with you 

You can tell them your daughter is with you for support 
  • berry123
    @janer1967 I'm trying to keep my mind occupied and reading through the forms and made notes.
  • ASDIBS
    ASDIBS Community member Posts: 72 Courageous
    Hi, the assessor asked my son if I was present so if they don't ask then I would definitely tell them. It does say that you can have someone present for support. The assessor also spoke to me as my son was unable to answer some of the questions without my input. Try not to worry but that's easier to say than do.
  • berry123
    @ASDIBS hi thank you can my daughter help me answer what assessor asking me I do get confused and takes a while to understand the question. My daughter is missing her uni zoom seminar on that day my appt is at 8.am her uni starts at 9am  just hope it dont last long.
  • janer1967
    They may allow your daughter to speak some assessors do some dont 

On the whole you are required to speak for yourself but they often let your supporter add their comments if you are struggling 
  • berry123
    @janer1967 thank you being anxious cabt be helped just got to deal with it
  • janer1967
    Your welcome let us know how you get on 

Try yo keep busy and take your mind off it 

At least or an early appt so you wont be anxious waiting all day 
  • ASDIBS
    ASDIBS Community member Posts: 72 Courageous
    edited February 2021
    @berry123 I was surprised when she asked to speak to me as the paperwork said that I could be present but was not allowed to speak. My son also asked me for information during the assessment as he was not sure of some details (his medication type and amounts and date of diagnosis etc). However, saying that, the assessor failed to include that part in her report but that's another story. I hope it goes well ?
  • berry123
    @ASDIBS thank you for your reply.  My daughter filled in the form but she forgot to put on the form she will be there with me for assessment 
  • coylygirl
    coylygirl Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    My last pIP assessment went well.  I had a mental health practitioner and she knew a lot about my condition (bipolar).  She was kind and patient and when I had a panic attack she knew how to calm me.  I know I was lucky and I've had bad experiences in the past but this was good.  Please try not to worry too much.  Sending big loves  <3
  • berry123
    @coylygirl thank you so much will update you all soon
  • coylygirl
    coylygirl Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    Make sure you let us know how it goes.  All best wishes  <3

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.