Can we share recipes? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can we share recipes?

2»

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,863 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm looking for recipes to make my own butter, has any one made it before.
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    Your lentil recipe sounds nice @Sandy_123

Sadly I've never made butter. It involves a lot of churning doesn't it?
  • Sandy_123
    @BrettW I don't know, someone had half tub of cream left over recently and kept whipping it and it turned to butter and looked good. I'm sure u can use milk, I'd like to try make goats butter, it's yummy. Lentils were nice healthy too.
  • BrettW
    edited February 2021
    I like goats milk and goats cheese @Sandy_123. The kennels I used to work at also had other animals including goats and I got to milk them every day. Also birthed a set of twin kids - it was awesome
  • Sandy_123
    @BrettW wow what a job, not tried goats milk I love the goats butter but it's expensive to buy, well about 2 pound but you don't get a lot like cows butter. I think it's goats milk and cream to make the butter. 
    I couldn't imagine helping an animal in birth, closest I've come to that is watching a cat  have kittens. Well done you.
  • BrettW
    It was a great job @Sandy_123 and one that sadly came to an end because my boss ended up developing MS and could no longer keep all her animals.

I've lost count of the number of puppies birth's I've been present for and also once hatched some chickens and a turkey in an incubator and became 'mom' to them. Even as an adult the Turkey used to follow me everywhere.

We had a whole range of animals at the kennels. Dogs, cats, goats, turkey, geese, ducks, chickens, a tawny owl, a Kunekune pig and even at one point a Jersey Cow lol
  • Sandy_123
    @BrettW that's a shame it closed, sounds a fab job to do. Aww how lovely being step mom to a turkey. I've always wished I'd lived on a farm. 
  • BrettW
    It was a live in job @Sandy_123. It wasn't actually a farm but a British Waterways Cottage on the side of a beautiful stretch of canal. The land surrounding the cottage was originally allotments but as the people who rented them gave them up my boss took control of them as they were also owned by British Waterways. Eventually the cottage had a two paddocks, two kennel blocks and other areas for the different animals. It was a gorgeous setting
  • Sandy_123
    Sounds beautiful place, a nice little cottage. Ideal to live fresh air. There are some beautiful places hidden away in UK.
  • Sandy_123
    I'm going to try meat balls in pasta sauce with pasta today when I find a recipe that is.
  • Sandy_123
    BBQ honey chicken wings 
    Flour, salt, paprika, chilly powder, pepper, half t spoon each Mix.
    Coat chicken wings in flour and roast in the oven until done.
    Add half cup of BBQ sauce and 5 tea spoons honey, mix. Take out the cooked chicken wings and mix in the sauce and place back in oven for 5 minutes. Then you will have sticky bbq chicken wings.
    Mine in oven now.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Sounds lovely @Sandy_123

We often have bourbon sticky thighs and drumsticks from aldi they are yummy 
  • Sandy_123
    @janer1967 ooo they sound nice too, all aldi s are a 40 minute drive from me, so I only use them if we are driving past. 1 is on the planning permission about 10 minutes away, hopefully 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Sandy_123

That's a shame they have excellent fresh meat with lots different ranges 

Have a look for them next time you visit they do sweet chilli ones as well 
  • Sandy_123
    @janer1967 yeah I'll have a look next time I'm going past 

Brightness